Talk

Advanced search

Veil Help!

(8 Posts)
samanthalou Fri 11-Jan-19 15:36:47

Help!
I'm getting married in December this year and I've found my dress. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some recommendations of veil styles that would compliment the dress?

I tried a veil on in the shop when i went back and i love the length, but just not sure it works with the dress (or does it and i'm overthinking?). I'm totally clueless!

Thanks in advance!

Belishaa Fri 11-Jan-19 18:41:26

I'm not an expert in veils, but your dress is stunning!!

FoxtrotSkarloey Fri 11-Jan-19 22:33:38

Hi, I'm no expert either but FWIW, i think that's the best length of veil for that train as it doesn't cover too much of the train. Perhaps though a softer edge to the veil like a scalloped edge, or lace edge or even just a thinner ribbon might go better and be less of a contrast?

Dancinghorses36 Sat 12-Jan-19 00:04:15

Your dress is stunning! I'm in the same dilemma if it's any consolation, I think my veil is now too long confused

samanthalou Sat 12-Jan-19 20:56:23

Thank you all! I’m going back next weekend so will try a softer edged one (then look on eBay because veils are so expensive) smile

smartcarnotsosmartdriver Sat 12-Jan-19 21:16:10

I can't seem to find a decent picture but my veil had really fine bearing on it, it was slightly sparkly but not blingy, I had loads of detail on my dress and didn't want to overpower it.

Maverick66 Wed 16-Jan-19 15:46:51

Your dress is fabulous.
I would go with a single full length veil with no trimmings or embellishments.

samanthalou Wed 16-Jan-19 15:55:46

Thank you all for your help! She's sent me some photos of a plain single layer with a slight curve on the bottom, so i'm going to try that. Something simple i think is the way forward!

Thanks again and i'll try and get a picture at the weekend and let you all decide for me :D

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: