Talk

Advanced search

Comfortable wedding shoes.

(15 Posts)
blinkywinky Sun 14-Oct-18 21:18:07

I'm looking for comfortable wedding shoes. I font mind flat max 2in heel. But be broad heel as I'm a big girl at size 18 pointy heels won't last lol.

My dress is antique lace with puddle train and cathedral veil.

All suggestions welcome.
Ps I'm the bride.

OP’s posts: |
Lucked Sun 14-Oct-18 21:22:50

Look at rainbow club available at John Lewis. Mine were mid heel with an ankle strap and very comfortable. They can be dyed and I planned to dye them black afterwards but never did so they were quite expensive for one wear.

Karachii Mon 15-Oct-18 17:10:58

Take a look at Freed - they make dance shoes, many of which are wedding- appropriate, and are super comfortable.

gussiefox Mon 15-Oct-18 17:21:43

Irregular Choice? www.irregularchoice.com/eu/womens.html

gussiefox Mon 15-Oct-18 17:25:17

Oops - posted too soon.I never wear heels but I tried on some for my daughters wedding and they were amazingly comfortable. Didn't buy them in the end as we live somewhere where crocs and flip-flops are pretty much standard footwear, but they are very lovely and I still wish I had bought them just to look at and stroke occasionally grin

Wrybread Thu 18-Oct-18 07:04:15

I'm wearing irregular choice

BlueEyedPersephone Thu 18-Oct-18 07:10:49

I second irregular choice, wore mine all day 

Santaclarita Sat 20-Oct-18 19:17:28

Someone I know wore trainers, like converse type. To be honest I thought she was smart, you usually can't see the shoes anyway, especially with her dress. Why be uncomfortable? I'm following her on that one if I get married.

RebeccaCloud9 Tue 23-Oct-18 08:32:27

I wore some lovely ones from John Lewis rainbow club. Wide fit, soft and a tiny heel. I got them about half a size too big and filled them with a gel insole and extra squishy heel support.
(Ps if you're a size 9 I'm selling them!)

MrsJane Tue 23-Oct-18 15:18:17

I bought dancers shoes from a dance wear shop. They were as comfy as slippers all day!

April241 Tue 23-Oct-18 15:33:53

Irregular Choice! I’m getting married in February and have IC shoes, really really comfoetabke

April241 Tue 23-Oct-18 15:34:09

Oh my.

*comfortable

RavenLG Sun 28-Oct-18 00:21:25

Irregular choice for me too, I've got quite a collection dating back about a decade. I've bought a new pair, but will be switching on the evening for a pair of flashy light up trainers (also IC) haha.

holidaylady Sun 28-Oct-18 00:28:22

Sparkly converse! Noone can see under your dress, I'd say be comfortable

paap1975 Wed 31-Oct-18 10:02:56

Mine were rainbow club. Low heel and they had a strp so they didn't fall off. Very comfortable

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in