Talk

Advanced search

Bridesmaid wearing a watch?!

(142 Posts)
Serenitymummy Tue 21-Aug-18 22:00:10

This isn’t me but someone I know - was a bridesmaid to a good friend, she was hers a few years ago. Bridezilla (I’ve decided) asked all bridesmaids to take off their watches ‘so they don’t ruin the photos’.

My friend bridesmaid forgot, bridezilla now going mental at her. To the point the friendship might be over. AIBU to think bride is going way ott with this?!

OP’s posts: |
AdoraBell Tue 21-Aug-18 22:03:34

Utterly ridiculous IMO. Bridezilla needs to calm the fuck down. Again, IMO.

WeeM Tue 21-Aug-18 22:04:51

Fucking hell...mental

Ivgotasecretcanyoukeepit Tue 21-Aug-18 22:07:21

Watches on the wedding photographs is very unsightly IMO. At my wedding I was very specific on what jewellery was allowed for the bridesmaids.

SockQueen Tue 21-Aug-18 22:07:38

Bridezilla has gone totally mental. Aside from it being a total non-issue, surely a watch would be relatively easy for a decent photographer to edit out?

Emma145 Tue 21-Aug-18 22:08:36

Who can be bothered to get that worked up over a watch on a photo... ridiculous

eurochick Tue 21-Aug-18 22:11:23

That's utterly, utterly bonkers. The bridesmaid would be well rid of that bride as a friend.

MelanieCheeks Tue 21-Aug-18 22:11:34

There's a nice way of asking all bridesmaids not to wear watches. And if one of them does, there's a diplomatic way of pointing that out.

How did it get to the stage of a watch being in photos?

But losing a friendship over it is unreasonable.

ShirleyPhallus Tue 21-Aug-18 22:13:07

Watches on the wedding photographs is very unsightly IMO. At my wedding I was very specific on what jewellery was allowed for the bridesmaids.

Ah ha ha ha!!! grin I can guarantee you they all thought you were batshit and totally unreasonable and probably had a good gossip about it

Glitteryfrog Tue 21-Aug-18 22:15:04

Watches on the wedding photographs is very unsightly IMO.

Glitteryfrog Tue 21-Aug-18 22:15:40

I wore my mum's nice Rolex watch when I was a bride!

bettydraper31 Tue 21-Aug-18 22:17:31

Agree with Shirley.

Starlighter Tue 21-Aug-18 22:17:46

It honestly wouldn’t bother me! Bonkers!

Who’s looking at a bridemaid’s wrist FFS?!

Ivgotasecretcanyoukeepit Tue 21-Aug-18 22:19:02

I wear a Rolex on a daily basis but I certainly didnt want it in my wedding photographs.

No my bridesmaids agreed with me on jewellery and the no watch rule.

Mayhemmumma Tue 21-Aug-18 22:20:33

Sheesh

Quite frankly I would gladly end the friendship with the bride

Issues like this really make me wonder if the wedding has anything to do with a marriage

Knittedfairies Tue 21-Aug-18 22:21:03

If I was asked to remove my watch, the photos might look odd; I have a very definite tan line around my wrist. It looks as if I’m wearing a white bangle!

BlackAmericanoNoSugar Tue 21-Aug-18 22:21:55

I have never heard of anyone doing this. shock I can't even remember whether or not I wore a watch with my wedding dress (I probably did) let alone care whether anyone else did or not.

It should be a piece of piss to edit something simple like a watch out of the photos if it really bothers the bride that much.

dinosaurkisses Tue 21-Aug-18 22:25:43

Women’s watches with formal wear usually look very odd- there’s very few that are fine enough so it doesn’t clash with the rest of the outfit.

I would have thought it was common sense to not wear one, but it’s done now- I don’t see why the bride is losing her mind when a photographer should easily be able to edit it out.

Serenitymummy Tue 21-Aug-18 22:25:43

My friend bm just forgot. Two dd under 3 that were part of the wedding party to get sorted, as far as I know, so it slipped her mind. It’s not huge/bright/colourful/unsightly in any way IMO. Just wondered if I was in the minority thinking wtf does it matter?!!

OP’s posts: |
Justgivemesomepeace Tue 21-Aug-18 22:27:13

How do people even think of these things? I would never in a million years notice, or care.

Caspiana Tue 21-Aug-18 22:29:05

Yeah, ridiculous.

Was it a massive neon garish watch or something?

MimsyBorogroves Tue 21-Aug-18 22:31:51

I was ordered (as the bride) to remove my watch.

It honestly never occurred to me.

Butterymuffin Tue 21-Aug-18 22:32:43

Now it's happened the bride really ought to get over it. It's not as if the bridesmaid got her with a custard pie.

NadiaLeon Tue 21-Aug-18 22:32:49

Amazing what people care about...However we all have our pecadillios and idiosyncrasies...

OuchLegoHurts Tue 21-Aug-18 22:33:05

Some people have soooo little to think about. A watch! Ruining a picture! Grow the fuck up.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in