Talk

Advanced search

Which menu for my wedding dinner ?!

(87 Posts)
hairyhogwash Fri 25-May-18 11:10:57

Choice of A or B , which one is better , especially interested in vegetarian opinions !

formerbabe Fri 25-May-18 11:13:17

I like menu B best but think menu As vegetarian option is better.

hairyhogwash Fri 25-May-18 11:15:06

Grilled carrots are quite uninspiring to say the least. I have 2 veggies attending.

Hiphopopotamus Fri 25-May-18 11:16:28

If you're interested in the veggie options then menu A. While cold melon soup sounds a bit suspect as a starter, I would be completely unimpressed with a plate of baby carrots for my main while the meat eaters had lamp rump and sea bream!

Oddbutnotodd Fri 25-May-18 11:20:49

I think the veggie options are both pretty awful tbh. I wouldn’t like to be either paying ££ or eating them! Risotto is lazy and no comment on the carrots. Why go to all the effort for charcoal mayonnaise and carrots for the vegetarians.

3legs Fri 25-May-18 11:21:07

As a veggie I'd be most unimpressed with a plate of carrots!

Butterymuffin Fri 25-May-18 11:21:38

Agree that A is the best all round menu even though lamb on B sounds lovely.

TheDishRanAwayWithTheSpoon Fri 25-May-18 11:25:22

I think A, wish the weddings i went to had food thag sounded like that grin although neither are great for veggies, I think that's a lot better than grilled carrots

hairyhogwash Fri 25-May-18 11:28:07

Apparently a cheese course can be added for £9 a head , would it be worth even offering that as an option to my guests or will it be overkill?

4GreenApples Fri 25-May-18 11:51:52

As a meat eater I’d go for B because of the lamb, but I agree with everyone else about the vegetarian options.

Neither menu looks great for vegetarian options, but menu A definitely sounds better. I’m a bit baffled at a plateful of grilled carrots being offered up as a main course!

Nowisthemonthofmaying Fri 25-May-18 11:54:39

As a veggie I would be seriously unimpressed with grilled carrots as a main. Really lazy of the chef and not filling in the slightest!

Risotto is also pretty boring but at least it's filling. Cold melon soup sounds awful though, can you swap it for the starter on the other menu? Burrata is lovely.

Nowisthemonthofmaying Fri 25-May-18 11:57:36

I don't think you need cheese on top of three courses (unless you go for the carrots, of course!)

ISeeTheLight Fri 25-May-18 11:57:51

Option A because B has foie gras on the menu which is just cruel. And yes carrots as a main hmm

hairyhogwash Fri 25-May-18 12:01:38

The carrots is a bit bizarre I agree. I don't know what the possibility is for me to swap items between the menus. Probably not possible. Unless I moved the risotto to menu B so we could have the lovely lamb and the burata yum yum

Etino Fri 25-May-18 12:02:16

Both options have fois gras yummy which you just can’t offer unless you want a lot of grief from 99% of the invitees.
Amazing menus though. Are they the same price?

hairyhogwash Fri 25-May-18 12:03:21

@Etino menu B is £10 more ... my mum would have a fit about the foie gras but she won't be there !

viques Fri 25-May-18 12:12:02

Risotto as a main , however delicious on first bite, is very boring to eat IMO. It is always my gripe that chefs, caterers in particular, think it is ok to dump a plate of food in front of vegetarians that is basically a plate full of the same stuff (risotto, pasta bake,mushroom stroganoffetc etc etc). whereas if you gave a carnivore a plate with nothing on but for example roast meat they would be wondering where the Yorkies, the roasties, the stuffing, the gravy, the veg and the other bits are.

Proper vegetarian food is delicious and varied , but most caterers are too damn lazy to research it and serve it.

BrazzleDazzleDay Fri 25-May-18 12:14:51

B.

Both options are pretty shit, but option A is all a bit of an acquired taste, melon soup? Wtf? B is slightly better, maybe not ten quid better though shock

I'll just have the sticky toffee pudding cheers

IHaveBrilloHair Fri 25-May-18 12:16:28

A, but both veggie options are a bit crap.

BalloonFlowers Fri 25-May-18 12:21:30

As a carnivore, menu B.
But for the veggies, it has to be A. Unless there is something about the carrots I'm missing, you just can't serve that!

Mumathon Fri 25-May-18 12:24:53

I’d have an issue with the fois gras, but that excepted I’d got with menu B.

BedtimeTea Fri 25-May-18 12:30:41

Probably not only your mum will disapprove tbh op.
Anyways, why not choose the menu you like the best and ask the caterer for a vegetarian meal options for the vegetarian guests. Rice or vegetables are not very wedding-ish or special, and sort of sends a message that your guests are not really all that important to you or your soon to be dp.

glitterbiscuits Fri 25-May-18 12:32:39

I don’t eat meat but Dingley Dell made me spit my drink out.

I have to say I’m not that impressed with either option. I think you should insist on cherry picking from both. Or even another

glitterbiscuits Fri 25-May-18 12:33:59

I think both menus are a bit too style over substance

RavenLG Fri 25-May-18 12:43:41

Neither if I'm honest.
Foie Gras? Absolutely not. Could they do a pate or terrine that omitted this?
I've never heard of Melon soup before but it sounds awful (sorry).
Veggie Main on A is better than a plate of carrots. But the sides in my opinion don't really go with risotto.
As a meat eater none of the options sounds appetising (and I'm not fussy or didn't think I was anyway!)
I'd struggle choosing anything on both menus tbh.
A would still be the best.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: