Talk

Advanced search

Any recommendations for a backless strapless bra?!

(14 Posts)
smartiesaretheanswer Fri 20-Apr-18 19:55:22

Hi everyone smile
I'm looking for a backless strapless bra to wear with my wedding dress but some of the "stick on" ones on the high street don't look great, does anyone have any recommendations please? I also saw invisibra.co.uk online, has anyone tried them? Thank you!!

Cliveybaby Fri 20-Apr-18 21:51:34

Primark have a good selection? I'm looking for one too and was planning to start there!

sheddooropen Sun 22-Apr-18 07:54:37

Have you tried M&S they have a bra fitting service as well so they maybe to help get this fit right and their bras are fantastic!

lorisparkle Sun 22-Apr-18 07:58:45

I used some fairly basic stick on ones for a party once and because I am quite small they were fine. However I could nearly get away with nothing so not sure how much support they would actually give.

LoniceraJaponica Sun 22-Apr-18 08:01:15

The M and S bra fitting service is terrible and completely incorrect sheddooropen

smartiesaretheanswer Sun 22-Apr-18 08:17:08

Thanks everyone! I tried the "100 ways to wear" one from M&S but the low back converter bit didn't come down low enough. May have to try a stick on one just a bit worried about it falling off part way through the day shockgrin

sheddooropen Sun 22-Apr-18 13:24:32

No it's not the bra fitting service is really good, it must just be your local store. I have visited a few and on each occasion the bra fitting service gave me and my family perfect fitting bras we have used them for years and in our family, my grandmother mother and myself have all used them and never had an issue with them

SinglePringle Sun 22-Apr-18 13:30:08

I agree that M&S fitting is shocking. Go to Bravissimo (you don’t have to have a large bust) or there’s a great company called The Pantry (Islington or online) who are amazing at finding the best lingerie solution.

cravingcake Mon 23-Apr-18 02:15:40

Could you have cups sewn into your dress for support?

LoniceraJaponica Mon 23-Apr-18 08:26:58

"No it's not the bra fitting service is really good, it must just be your local store"

No, they are notorious for getting it wrong. I bet they used the old (and incorrect) system of adding 4/5 inches.

Bra Guru's Better Bra Campaign shows you how to measure properly. I doubt that your M and S measured this way.

I have just done the M and S bra sizing online and they are so so so wrong. I have a 29 inch underbust measurement, and 34 inch overbust, and they put me in a 32A FGS!

smartiesaretheanswer Mon 23-Apr-18 22:54:15

Thanks everyone, sewing cups into the dress could be a good plan, I'm only a B but just don't want to have nothing! Will check out The Pantry too

FreeMantle Mon 23-Apr-18 23:08:33

Lonicera - I've just looked online and it's based on bras you already wear and the problems with them. There's no adding 4 or 5 inches.
All bras fit differently like shoes surely?

I'd put cups in the dress too. Made a real difference to the oomph factor.

LoniceraJaponica Tue 24-Apr-18 19:17:37

Basing a measuring "service" on what you are already wearing makes an utter mockery of proper bra fitting. That online measuring tool is so unbelievably shit.

Fluffyears Sat 28-Apr-18 19:42:41

I used a stick on amazon one it was fine.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: