Talk

Advanced search

Appropriate dress for a guest?

(22 Posts)
GreenEyes101 Tue 20-Feb-18 16:50:25

Hi all,

Can I get your opinion on this dress? I have a wedding abroad and am struggling to find anything I like at this time of year. I came across this one but am not sure if it might offend as it is technically white.

What do you think?

bit.ly/2GtmGCu

OP’s posts: |
DextroDependant Tue 20-Feb-18 16:51:46

I like it although I did initially think ohh white. BUT it has its of other colours on so I think it would be ok.

Iloveacurry Tue 20-Feb-18 16:53:51

I think it’s fine, I’d wear it. It’s not completely white is it, so no problem.

GreenEyes101 Tue 20-Feb-18 16:54:54

Thanks! I hope that's the general consensus as I'm at a loose end here!

ASDismynormality Tue 20-Feb-18 16:55:48

Even though it’s main colour is white it doesn’t look like a wedding dress so will be fine, it’s a lovely dress.

justme28 Tue 20-Feb-18 16:57:35

It's lovely smile it even says perfect for weddings in the description on the site.

I'm sure they will just be happy that you're there. Especially since you're making the effort to travel.

Hope you have a lovely time grin

amymel2016 Tue 20-Feb-18 16:58:56

It's a beautiful dress but I think too bridal, do you know what the bride is wearing? As it's abroad she may be wearing something light and not overly bridal herself. It's stunning though!

Catinthebath Tue 20-Feb-18 17:00:06

It’s lovely and not at all bridal but does strike me as slightly bridesmaid-like. I’ve seen a few weddings recently where the trend is for floral knee length non-traditional bridesmaid dresses. But you could go on forever discounting pretty dresses as bridal party wear gets more informal, so go for it!

BrimFire Tue 20-Feb-18 18:22:43

Very lovely dress. I would check what the bride is wearing if it's abroad for the same reasons as others have said. It was is the Bridesmaids section too...you don't want to end up in bridal part without an invite.

Bridechilla Tue 20-Feb-18 21:15:59

Very cute!

Teaandbiscuits35 Tue 20-Feb-18 21:19:01

I'm always weary about white at weddings but I really think this is totally fine. I'd describe it as a flowery dress rather than a white one.

TerfsUp Tue 20-Feb-18 21:23:12

Lovely dress.

SpringEquinox Wed 21-Feb-18 02:33:13

It's lovely ! There is enough pattern to make it not a white dress in overall effect.

OlennasWimple Wed 21-Feb-18 02:43:06

It's very pretty. I'd be more concerned about ensuring it was long enough, depending on where the wedding is (and how tall you are)

Shoxfordian Thu 22-Feb-18 05:32:26

Its fine because of the flowers

IWouldLikeToKnow Thu 22-Feb-18 05:40:43

I think it's perfect for a destination wedding. Looks light and will throw in your suitcase easily. It's not in anyway bridal in my opinion.

AuntieStella Thu 22-Feb-18 06:47:10

I'd describe that as floral, not white, and OK for a wedding.

BTW I suggest that if you need a pashmina or cardie or something, go for one of the bright colours.

Forgeteverythingandremember Thu 22-Feb-18 06:48:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Todamhottoday Thu 22-Feb-18 06:51:45

I really like the dress, and do think you can get away with it for a wedding as its rather colourful rather than block white.

But thanks for sharing that site, I have seen another dress (Im at a wedding soon and cannot find anything here, not in UK) looks very nice!

GreenEyes101 Thu 22-Feb-18 09:58:43

Thanks all , I really love it and I'm glad (most) of you seem to also - I may well take the plunge! smile

@todamhottoday glad you found something useful - really struggling to find anything here myself! smile

Todamhottoday Thu 22-Feb-18 10:35:15

But no, sadly not in my size, however.........

Im eyeing up another but a bit pricey for how much i want to spend.

You go for it and come back and tell what its like

LoveInTokyo Tue 27-Feb-18 11:16:25

It’s fine. It’s only a problem if it looks like it could be a wedding dress.

I wore two white dresses with flowers on to weddings last year and no one said anything except how nice they were.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in