Talk

Advanced search

Does this dress suit me? Pic attached

(84 Posts)
Tequilaitmakesmestupid Sun 04-Feb-18 15:26:20

I already have a thread running about small weddings and big dresses and have attached the picture there, but just wanted to get more of a general idea.

I am assured that it looks much better in the flesh and I bloody hope so, because I don't think it looks very nice in the picture at all! I absolutely fell in love with it in the shop. There were tears, gasps, the works! Maybe it's the angle hmm

I have shown the picture to my DD and she says it doesn't suit me. In the shop, I thought I looked much more in and out curvy and not so up and down.

Biggest issue is, I've bought it confused and it was in the sale, so I'm not sure I can get a refund or exchange.

Thoughts please. Feeling a bit deflated after my initial rush.

TIA

amymel2016 Sun 04-Feb-18 15:27:32

I absolutely love it! You look beautiful!

Bluntness100 Sun 04-Feb-18 15:28:04

Your figure looks fantastic in that, you look lovely.

ItsAHardKn0ckLife1 Sun 04-Feb-18 15:28:09

Wow, I think it’s amazing! Hugs your lovely figure perfectly smile envy <— definitely envy!

OliviaBenson Sun 04-Feb-18 15:28:43

Its beautiful! You look great- good curves. Which bit are you not sure about? It's a bit big at the busy vomit nothing decent underwear or alterations cannot sort.

It's normal to have a wobble but truly you look lovely!

Northernmum100 Sun 04-Feb-18 15:30:08

I think it looks amazing- the tail detail really makes it. If you want some emphasis on your 'in and out ', how about some sort of belt,maybe leave with some beading. I don't think you need it but it might make you love it more. Good luck with the wedding - enjoy every moment.

PlateOfBiscuits Sun 04-Feb-18 15:30:15

It’s beautiful! You look amazing.

RunningAddict Sun 04-Feb-18 15:31:29

You look lovely! The shape shows your figure off so well, it’s definitely in and out not just up and down smile

Elmosmum Sun 04-Feb-18 15:32:04

It's gorgeous on you. Maybe try it on again when you're a bit glammed up and you'll feel better about it.

Neolara Sun 04-Feb-18 15:32:06

You look fab!

RandomMess Sun 04-Feb-18 15:33:20

I love the style on you less keen on the colour/fabric? I think a different fabric would make it look more expensive/sophisticated?

CottonSock Sun 04-Feb-18 15:33:25

It's great. Can you walk ok in It?

BuckingFrolicks2 Sun 04-Feb-18 15:33:32

Blimey. I'd give a lot to look as fabulous as that!!

JustPutSomeGlitterOnIt Sun 04-Feb-18 15:33:36

I think it looks fantastic

Hoppinggreen Sun 04-Feb-18 15:33:47

Love it, you look gorgeous

c75kp0r Sun 04-Feb-18 15:34:36

I think it is gorgeous - you did really well to pick that up in a sale. Have a lovely day.

justdontevenfuckingstart Sun 04-Feb-18 15:34:36

I think you look beautiful, it absolutely suits your shape and you look fantastic.
I don't like the lacey bit at the bottom tho if I am honest.

ProseccoPoppy Sun 04-Feb-18 15:35:21

Ah it looks lovely - honestly! I had this exact same thing with my dress. I think it’s normal and everyone has a panic at some point! For me I’d not wanted a “big” dress but got talked into having “proper” wedding dress by my mum. Went and picked it, bought it (on sale, of course, typical) then had a MASSIVE PANIC when I convinced myself it was “yellow” (it wasn’t, it was a beautiful creamy colour that suited my skin tone), that it was “frumpy” (again, bollocks) and that I hated it. Tears, panic, etc. Took (now) DH into the shop with me as I was in a state, and he’s the only one I trusted to be 100% honest - he calmed me right down and it was all absolutely fine. Yours is lovely and you’ll be fine but I know how crap it feels at the time.

Regularsizedrudy Sun 04-Feb-18 15:36:12

It’s stunning!

dancingqueen345 Sun 04-Feb-18 15:38:28

Beautiful dress, and agree your figure looks amazing!

NotAgainYoda Sun 04-Feb-18 15:39:54

Eh?

Up-and-down?

Eh?????

It suits you very well.

Tequilaitmakesmestupid Sun 04-Feb-18 15:40:23

Oh thank you everyone smile

I'm sure I'm being silly. Maybe it's just because I went for the opposite to what I thought I would. I was adamant it wouldn't be white, fishtail and it would be strapless confused Just goes to show grin

Galax Sun 04-Feb-18 15:40:42

Lovely dress, you look great!

Bluntness100 Sun 04-Feb-18 15:41:28

Not sure what random mess is in about it looks expensive and will be very elegant with the right hair and make up.

You're just having a wobble and you certainky don't look straight up and down. Your first reaction is right,

How old is your daughter?

NotAgainYoda Sun 04-Feb-18 15:41:43

Oh Gawd, not strapless. Very few people look good in strapless. Very few. You look va-va-voom in that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now