Talk

Advanced search

Hen party help

(12 Posts)
mrssunshinexxx Sat 14-Oct-17 18:21:07

I know some may think this is a sill question but who are you 'meant ' to invite. Other than the obvious answer of who you want. There are people I am obviously very fond of that are invited to the day do but that I aren't really bothered about at the hen I hope that comes across in the right way. As in people who I care about and have known a long time but perhaps don't see very often aren't as close as we once were for examples will they be offended ? Argh help pls x

Peachyking000 Sat 14-Oct-17 20:47:55

We had a tiny wedding, but found that less people were offended as we had a blanket parents/siblings/their children only, and no aunts, uncles or cousins at all.

Honestly, people will find something to be offended about no matter who you invite. There'll always be the "I won't go if X isn't invited" brigade. Weddings bring out the worst in people in my experience!

Peachyking000 Sat 14-Oct-17 21:00:26

Sorry just realised this was about hen parties and not actual wedding invitations - ignore me grin

mrssunshinexxx Sat 14-Oct-17 22:06:05

Bump

Bobbiepin Sat 14-Oct-17 22:11:56

Close female friends and family you will be inviting to the wedding. If there are other people that youbwoupdblile but cannot invite to the wedding that needs to be made clear before the invite to the hen is made.

NapQueen Sat 14-Oct-17 22:12:53

I asked all the women who were invited to the wedding.

parttimebarstaff Sun 15-Oct-17 20:26:28

We are having a tiny wedding, only 20 of us, so my three close girl friend who are coming to the wedding are organising a spa break for us. I may organise an afternoon tea for my mum & mother in law to be, depends on how the budget goes!! I think is really important to do what you want to do as it your day, have fun whatever you decide wineginglitterball

Notthisnotthat Sun 15-Oct-17 20:36:57

I invited my close friends and family and female partners of my DHs best man and ushers.

I've been invited in a similar way to other hens, however I was at a wedding the other week and my DH was an usher and I wasn't invited on that hen do. I don't think there is a correct way to do a hen do.

mrssunshinexxx Sun 15-Oct-17 20:52:45

Thank you

thecatsthecats Mon 16-Oct-17 09:14:48

You can invite anyone you want from the wedding guests to attend your hen, but you can't invite anyone who you aren't inviting to the wedding!

A fairly obvious rule that people miss.

I also think it's a little 'off' when people do home and away hen parties (e.g. an expensive one and a cheap one) and they invite people to the full hen but only to the evening of the wedding. I am actually going to a 'full' hen but only have an evening invite, but that's because the poor girl let herself be brow-beaten into having the entire extended family on both sides to the main event, so hardly any of her friends are coming, and a few have taken offence.

Doobigetta Mon 16-Oct-17 19:40:50

I've been to several hen dos where I haven't been and wouldn't expect to be invited to the wedding- usually of colleagues who just invite all the women they work with. If it's a local night out rather than a weekend abroad I can't see the problem- I'd never be offended by it. I also don't think you should feel you ought to invite all the female wedding guests. Whether family from different generations would want to go, or would put a damper on the atmosphere, could vary a lot from one family to the next, for a start. And I wouldn't invite people who are your fiancé's friends/relatives/friends' partners if you don't know them that well- especially if they'd have to travel or spend a lot.

mrssunshinexxx Tue 17-Oct-17 07:53:02

Thanks everyone very helpful i definitely aren't inviting all females from wedding x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now