Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Present dilemma

(12 Posts)
Battyboo82 Sun 01-Oct-17 20:25:43

Here is my dilemma. Very close relative getting married (DP brother). Invite says 'no wedding list but a little something to send us on our way if you insist' type thing. They have all they need and more. Been together many years. What to get, if anything?
Thanks for advice smile

MyBrilliantDisguise Sun 01-Oct-17 20:27:17

They're asking for money - they don't need gifts.

EdithWeston Sun 01-Oct-17 20:27:18

Leave it to your DP

With that wording; wine whisky or dosh would spring to my mind. But it's his rellie so his to sort out.

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Sun 01-Oct-17 20:27:36

Sounds like a bottle of bubbly would fit the bill. Though I wonder if they were hinting at cash?

Bitchywaitress Tue 03-Oct-17 16:10:19

They definitely would prefer cash. I would do that if you want to get them something.

Bitchywaitress Tue 03-Oct-17 16:10:50

I would imagine it's for their honeymoon.

expatinscotland Tue 03-Oct-17 16:12:33

It's a tout for cash.

Mel224664 Thu 19-Oct-17 21:15:22

Hi everyone I’m new to this sort of discussion I don’t usually do it but I’m at my wits end!

I planned a wedding for August next year it’s mostly paid. Me and my fiancé seperated two days ago. I actully cancelled the registar after giving notice last Thursday! My question is does anyone know if you can un cancel it? I know embaresssing..... I only did it yesterday Wednesday. I love him dearly he is a good family man that cares..... I have two children with him. but we have had a few issues of him communicating with me iv known him 19 years..... and his verbal temper is vile but if I could just get him to open up about how stressed he is with patience on my behalf it would go..... other than them two faults he is fabulous. I just don’t know what to do..... iv cancelled the whole thing 24 hours ago and I deeply deeply regret it. Not every case but some cases people give up on relationships so easy I’m trying not to give up on mine and iv made a huge mistake! Please help

Thistly Fri 20-Oct-17 00:35:51

@Mel224664

I would post your message on relationships board, you will get lots of input on there.
Sounds tough to me....

Mel224664 Fri 20-Oct-17 13:15:59

Thank you it is tough 😕

BusterTheBulldog Fri 20-Oct-17 13:28:03

Champagne or John Lewis voucher? Or a voucher for nice restaurant you know they love?

PhuntSox Fri 20-Oct-17 13:38:27

Think of something they like and get vouchers for it with a gift to go with, so cinema tickets and a cinema treat, theater tokens, gardening vouchers etc. What do they like?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now