Talk

Advanced search

Wedding invite etiquette f!!k up

(5 Posts)
Murfs Sun 17-Sep-17 22:44:58

Guys we made a wedding invite etiquette error!! We recently sent out our invites, OH wrote out for his side. His brother and wife recently had a child and said numerous times they weren't bringing the baby along looking forward to a night away etc so my OH didn't name the child of the invite. Ok he should of but you know he didn't think and meant no harm he took them literally and it doesn't make a bit if dif if the baby comes or not the child is welcome too!! Well now its come out they are really offended the child wasn't asked when other nieces and nephews were (parents said along they were coming). There was a little bit of hassle at a recent gathering from the OH brother mostly drink fueled we think. I have reached out to his partner to let her know we meant no offence but I have had no response. We cant help feeling they are being a bit unreasonable and blowing it out of proportion but of course we only want peace and harmony :-) anyway its good to rant. Anyone ever been in a similar situation? Thanks!!

Wowzel Sun 17-Sep-17 23:01:36

They have completely over reacted.

TurnipCake Mon 18-Sep-17 15:00:22

They've overreacted.

You've contacted her, if she wants to stew, let her. I wouldn't have any more contact about the wedding until you're confirming numbers.

Some folk love drama and they use weddings as a catalyst. Get on with enjoying your planning smile

Didntcomeheretofuckspiders Sat 30-Sep-17 14:23:49

Not your fault. They're being ridiculous.

numbmum83 Thu 12-Oct-17 15:55:44

Some people think that their child / children are the most important thing in everyone else's lives just because they are to them .
My sister is one of these people.

You've apologised . Take no notice .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now