Talk

Advanced search

Help with cash gift amount for an evening invite!

(8 Posts)
HolyMerlot Thu 24-Aug-17 16:22:15

Thanks so much for your help! The Bride isn't the extravagant type so I can't imagine the evening do will be all that fancy. £25 is totally fine with me, I was thinking around that figure too but wanted to check that £25 was ok as a total for both me and DP or if it should be £25 each.

OP’s posts: |
fannydaggerz Thu 24-Aug-17 14:15:28

£25

Penelopeg Thu 24-Aug-17 14:10:02

You don't know if you're going to cost them anything for an evening invite depends on if there is a buffet and a free bar. I would say a £25 voucher too.

Puppymouse Thu 24-Aug-17 14:08:35

I was invited to an evening do last month. The couple did a terrible poem asking for First Choice gift vouchers. I was a bit hmm but they did provide a small buffet. I put a £20 voucher in the card. We didn't have any evening guests so not sure what the etiquette normally is.

Viviennemary Thu 24-Aug-17 14:05:50

I agree with around £25. If I really liked the person and was feeling extra generous and they were hard up I'd probably give a bit more up to say £50. If they've got everything £25 is enough.

Peachyking000 Thu 24-Aug-17 13:59:38

I'd probably give a voucher for £25 eg M&S, House of Fraser or Argos

Garliccalamari Thu 24-Aug-17 13:57:06

The amount that you will cost them. So depending on the do either for fancy two meals or a couple of drinks with nibbles.

HolyMerlot Thu 24-Aug-17 11:05:51

I have no doubt that this has been asked before, but me and DP have a wedding this weekend. The couple are friends of mine from our University days (closer to the Bride than the Groom) who I haven't seen for a few years. We have only been invited to the evening do and I was wondering how much cash I should put in their card? The couple are in their 20s and have been living together a while so they have pretty much everything they need.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in