Talk

Advanced search

Email Invites?

(11 Posts)
AintThatSomething Sun 20-Aug-17 16:30:11

Has anyone used email invites, rather than posted ones? We aren't getting married until next August, but lots of people will be travelling and we are in a touristy town so accommodation books up quickly.

I had hoped to do email invites, rather than posting and getting people to RSVP on one of those websites you can set up, with accommodation links etc.

I have been fiddling about with some templates, but they seem to upset the antivirus when you try and download them confused

If anyone has a link to something I would be very grateful!

TheWeeWitch Sun 20-Aug-17 16:32:29

It's a good idea. A friend recently set up a basic website for their wedding with all the wedding venue and gift registry information and accommodation/taxi/babysitting suggestions linked there. It made it very easy to book everything and to check back for the details.

WatchingFromTheWings Sun 20-Aug-17 16:34:58

We arranged our wedding through WhatsApp! So much easier than faffing about!

Frazzled2207 Sun 20-Aug-17 16:38:03

We did email save the dates but "proper" invites much closer to the time.

NoTractorsAtTheTable Sun 20-Aug-17 16:38:24

I've had a few invites sent from Paperless Post Link to website - I haven't used them myself, but they look really nice smile

Doobigetta Sun 20-Aug-17 16:38:39

We did email save the dates, and will do traditional printed invitations. Beware the elderly relatives who don't use email- there will be some, and you'll have to faff about doing paper versions for them anyway.

Nightmanagerfan Sun 20-Aug-17 16:40:10

Have you looked at Paperless post or green envelope?

wheredoesallthetimego Sun 20-Aug-17 16:42:56

Paperless post is great

AintThatSomething Sun 20-Aug-17 16:52:48

Fantastic, thank you. I will look into those suggestions. I think everyone is quite computer savvy that is coming, so there should be no issue there grin

I had thought we would just send out invites early, rather than doing save the dates. There will only be a few people evening only so we will leave them until nearer the time though.

Aardfart Mon 21-Aug-17 04:14:54

We've done WhatsApp save the dates and calls to older relatives who don't have whatsapp. We'll send printed invitations but keep them quite minimal and have most info on a website.

Appraiser Mon 21-Aug-17 08:14:58

We set up a Facebook group / event (As well as paper invites) It was useful as a "save the date" and info type type communication, as we too had people travelling afar.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: