Talk

Advanced search

June 2018 weddings ?!

(45 Posts)
littlemissM92 Sun 09-Jul-17 16:35:01

Come and join me brides would love to know if anyone else already has there dress or what you have sorted ? X

littlemissM92 Sun 09-Jul-17 20:31:13

X

MaidenMotherCrone Mon 10-Jul-17 11:46:36

Can I join you? No dress yet but I have some ideas. What kind of wedding are you planning?

littlemissM92 Mon 10-Jul-17 13:28:14

Yes ! ☺️ hello, I went dress shopping on sat but haven't found one yet. The wedding is around 60 guests civil ceremony then big party with lots of entertainment I'm too excited ! What about you x

MaidenMotherCrone Mon 10-Jul-17 13:38:07

A Pagan Wedding followed by a medieval feast, about 40 of us. I'm very busy on Pinterest grin.

So far the Venue and the Celebrant deposits have been paid. I've bought all the things to make our handfasting cords which we will make together one winter's evening.

I think I need to make a spreadsheet really. Keep on top of the planning.

littlemissM92 Mon 10-Jul-17 13:51:40

Yes I have a spread sheet it's really helpful!

FluffyPersian Mon 10-Jul-17 20:35:14

I'm July 2018, however hope I can still join in grin

I got my dress sorted about 6 months ago, however that's because it's black and was being discontinued the day after I ordered it! I've lost substantial weight since then and it's pretty loose, however I've been assured it can be taken in and altered loads, so I'm just waiting until next year when I'm a stable size and will then get it altered!

*Got dress
*Got veil (As it's black so had to be made especially)
*Booked reception
*Booked venue
*Booked photographer
*Got shoes and jewellery
*Booked registrar
*Sorted out readings
*Booked florist
*Sorted out cake (One of my amazing friends is hopefully making it and she's brilliant)
*Booked wedding transport
*Am 80% of the way through my speech (I'm the one speaking, not my fiance!)
*Made wedding website from scratch (bought domain / created it by coding etc)

.... Oddly, I'm not excited - I just get very stressed with pressure, so I figure if I do as much as possible now, I don't have to get stressed on the lead up and can continue my normal life as much as possible!

Have any of you guys got anything you're dreading doing / looking forward to doing? I'm looking forward to having a hair and makeup trial as I never have makeup and it seems to make such a difference! I'm not looking forward to people asking me about a 'Hen' do or potentially having to have one, as that has never struck me as fun..... confused

littlemissM92 Mon 10-Jul-17 21:03:43

Wow you are about as organised as me ! I love it but it is stressful! Worst bit I'm dreading people who aren't invited realising that they aren't and questioning it. The guest list is a nightmare and still not done ! I have 2 more dress appointments and hoping to fall in love with one ! Xx

unikorn Fri 21-Jul-17 18:37:24

I'm October 2017, 11 weeks to go grin

littlemissM92 Sat 22-Jul-17 07:00:20

Are you getting nervous? Is evertrhibg u set control ?! I got my dress yesterday grin

MaidenMotherCrone Mon 24-Jul-17 10:35:34

I'm looking forward to the whole daygrin.

I'm quite an organised person and I don't do stress so I'm not stressing over anything. I'm having my dress made to my design. The menu is sorted. I'm a trained Florist so I'm doing the flowers. DP is an oaksmith so he's making our wedding bowers and besom so we can jump the broom.
Our celebrant is coming quite a long way and her accommodation etc is booked.

Our venue has never had a wedding like ours and as it could lead to further business from others within our community they are rather keensmile.

It's a year off yet, I'll probably do more nearer the time.

paap1975 Fri 28-Jul-17 09:41:16

Hello. DP and I have booked for 30 June in a small Château/hotel in France (he's French).

Guests know the date and we have so far organised the marquee and photographer. Celebrant is underway. Dress fitting booked for 26/8. Mercifully the hotel will do all the coordinating. We are limiting it to 60 guests, who will all be at everything. I'm stressing a bit about the dress as I've seem one I love but it's £1800, which is much more than I wanted to pay. I hope I can find something similar and more affordable.

Congratulations on your dress littlemiss

user347658910 Fri 28-Jul-17 09:48:33

Pap I'm trying to sell a brand new never worn dress simply because I changed my mind and bought another one if you're interested

paap1975 Fri 28-Jul-17 10:08:36

Thanks user. Could you PM me a picture?

user347658910 Fri 28-Jul-17 13:52:19

I'm not sure how! If you pm me I'll reply

Wedding2018 Sun 20-Aug-17 12:07:17

My wedding in July 2018 and I have already put a deposit down for my dress last month , can't wait to actually get it 😁

paap1975 Mon 21-Aug-17 07:47:15

Well, my first dress fitting is on Saturday. I wonder how it will go.

We've now got deposits paid on the photographer, marquee, celebrant and on some extra hotel rooms we'll need.

Will look into DJ and flowers next.

littlemissM92 Mon 21-Aug-17 08:09:08

Mine is 23rd June we have deposits on dress venue church entertainment and photographer my aim is to sort caterer in the next fortnight and chair covers x

littlemissM92 Sat 02-Sep-17 08:44:44

Anyone else smile

SeaGreenWaves Mon 11-Sep-17 15:10:29

Looking like we are setting our date for July 2018

SeaGreenWaves Mon 11-Sep-17 15:12:15

Didn't mean to post so soon!

Nothing sorted except venue and date (possibly will have to delay it a year - not sure yet sad it's due to family not being able to attend)

I think I've picked a dress! I feel like I picked it too quickly but I love it sooo much.

Thats about it.

paap1975 Tue 12-Sep-17 13:29:54

I've chosen my dress now. Should be paying the deposit next week!

SeaGreenWaves Tue 12-Sep-17 18:23:37

How exciting @paap1975 ! What style have you gone for?

paap1975 Tue 12-Sep-17 18:40:55

I've chosen the Mlle Iluna from Pronuptia. I'd kind of dismissed it from photos but it's much better in real life. Does wonders for my waist!

SeaGreenWaves Tue 12-Sep-17 22:22:02

Great detail on the skirt.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: