Talk

Advanced search

Themes

(11 Posts)
givemethecake Wed 31-May-17 14:32:47

Just wondering if anyone had any cool themes for their wedding? Also, nice/unusual decorations. And fun things to do at the reception.

No idea about colours or anything so ideas would be great.

AlletrixLeStrange Wed 31-May-17 19:39:20

I'm having a Harry Potter themed wedding (DFiance knows nothing about this --and won't until he shows up on the day--) grin

Ahardmanisgoodtofind Wed 31-May-17 19:45:14

Our "theme" is music and books. outs self we have a bouncy castle,giant jenga,giant snakes and ladders,giant connect four for the "kids" I've made all centre pieces and decs (tight budget)
Pinterest is every bride to be's best friend imho

BrightonBelleCat Fri 02-Jun-17 14:53:28

Alletrix me too.

Dp is begrudgingly taking part.

AlletrixLeStrange Fri 02-Jun-17 16:25:54

Brighton no way?! He's actually taking part?? My DP is so against it but luckily I'm doing the planning so he's just gonna show up and be surprised grin
I'm kidding, of course I'm so not

BrightonBelleCat Fri 02-Jun-17 17:02:58

We have met half way and I've toned down a few bits. I'm saying it's for the dc but it's not it's for me.

SuburbanRhonda Fri 02-Jun-17 17:07:16

Isn't the theme of a wedding "marriage"?

<old gimmer>

AlletrixLeStrange Fri 02-Jun-17 17:16:52

Brighton can we have a "Harry potter themed wedding" thread?! I'm trying to be subtle.. he hasn't yet realised the wedding themed colours that he's also agreed to are the colour of our Pottermore sorted houses grin

2014newme Fri 02-Jun-17 17:19:50

Pinterest is where you need to look.
I'm not sure why a theme is required or why people are choosing children's themes like boardgames or Harry Potter 🙄

AlletrixLeStrange Fri 02-Jun-17 17:21:34

2014 how dare ye!
I'm kidding, each to their own. Friend had an Alice in Wonderland themed wedding and it was lovely smile

BrightonBelleCat Fri 02-Jun-17 17:22:48

Alletrix I've made a thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now