Talk

Advanced search

byo

(9 Posts)
planesick Sat 27-May-17 10:28:02

Hi, we are having a village hall wedding party...lots of bunting, picnics, giant's games etc...the bar price list is a bit steep. Would it look cheap to suggest everyone brings their own (with some provided to get things started) people will be staying in self catering if travelling from afar.... I can't decided if we should have a cash bar or byo ....please help me x

NapQueen Sat 27-May-17 10:30:07

Would the venue even allow BYO if they have a bar? You may then have to pay corkage.

If you can skip the bar altogether and do byo then Id definetly be up for that. Dont forget though you will have to arrange glassware.

PurpleDaisies Sat 27-May-17 10:31:18

Most venues won't allow this die up licensing rules.

PurpleDaisies Sat 27-May-17 10:31:30

Due to not die up.

planesick Sat 27-May-17 10:32:34

I know we have to pay corkage if the bar is open. We don't have to have the bar....i will check licensing...thank you both for that.

Scribblegirl Sat 27-May-17 10:40:01

I've been to a couple of village hall weddings where the b&g asked people to bring a bottle rather than a gift - it meant they didn't have to faff with getting an alcohol license as it wasn't being sold and it gave the day a really lovely laid back atmosphere (at one the groomsmen were meant to be serving but inevitably buggered off so we helped ourselves and that was fine too smile)

Emberblu Sat 27-May-17 10:40:47

Our venue had no corkage so we did a byo with a basic bar of fizz, mixers, a few spirits and some mixed cocktails in big jars. People could label their drinks and leave them at the 'bar area' or leave them unlabelled to share. We had big ice buckets to chill stuff too (it was a countryside very relaxed style wedding). Everyone loved it and no one had to fork out loads for wedding drinks (which can get expensive!) so it worked brilliantly for us. Bad hangovers though!

TheFlis12345 Sun 28-May-17 09:53:45

If the bar is pricey then I would definitely prefer to bring my own.

planesick Sun 28-May-17 10:09:28

Thank you everyone. You have helped me see that it is a good option. I think that is my last box ticked. Yippee!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now