Talk

Advanced search

Let's talk veils

(8 Posts)
pumpkinpieinmyeye Fri 19-May-17 21:40:28

I'm to-ing and fro-ing on a veil for my August wedding. My dress is pretty low key and the wedding is relaxed, but part of me thinks this is the only day I can wear one in my life! Did you/are you wearing one, and what length/how many tiers? TIA

Watto1 Fri 19-May-17 21:45:08

I did and it drove me bonkers! Although it was a sunny August day, it was really windy. In all the photos, my veil is either at a 90 degree angle or dh is holding it down. Then I sat on it when I sat down for the meal and messed my hair do up. I wish I hadn't bothered!

PigletWasPoohsFriend Fri 19-May-17 21:47:27

I didn't. They all looked like net curtains on me shock

Whileweareonthesubject Fri 19-May-17 22:30:07

Mine was a lifetime ago now, but I had a full length one that was made from the same lace as my dress. I had a long train and the veil was the same length. I loved wearing it-no wind on the day so no problem there.

Is yours a long dress? You said its low key so would a short veil be better for you? I think there is such a variety of headpieces these days that I'm sure you'd find something that works for you if that's what you want.
Have a lovely day. flowers

Maroonie Fri 19-May-17 22:33:38

I got one as a last minute panic buy for the same reason! It was 2 layered, elbow length with ribbon trim. I added broach to the top and ended up wearing it all day and loved it

StylishDuck Fri 19-May-17 22:33:56

I wore a birdcage veil rather than a long one. Would that work with your dress?

Janeinthemiddle Sat 20-May-17 00:15:05

I had an outdoor wedding, simple dress and a long lace veil. I thought it's a wedding and I want a veil! And I got one and it went really well, in my opinion anyway. Works as well cause my dress is pretty simple.

redcaryellowcar Sat 20-May-17 10:29:02

I had one to 'cover my shoulders' at church wedding. It was a windy day so after a few photos I took it off. My sister is handy with hair and make up so helped make sure I didn't make a huge mess of my hair!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now