We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Let's talk veils

(9 Posts)
pumpkinpieinmyeye Fri 19-May-17 21:40:28

I'm to-ing and fro-ing on a veil for my August wedding. My dress is pretty low key and the wedding is relaxed, but part of me thinks this is the only day I can wear one in my life! Did you/are you wearing one, and what length/how many tiers? TIA

Watto1 Fri 19-May-17 21:45:08

I did and it drove me bonkers! Although it was a sunny August day, it was really windy. In all the photos, my veil is either at a 90 degree angle or dh is holding it down. Then I sat on it when I sat down for the meal and messed my hair do up. I wish I hadn't bothered!

PigletWasPoohsFriend Fri 19-May-17 21:47:27

I didn't. They all looked like net curtains on me shock

Whileweareonthesubject Fri 19-May-17 22:30:07

Mine was a lifetime ago now, but I had a full length one that was made from the same lace as my dress. I had a long train and the veil was the same length. I loved wearing it-no wind on the day so no problem there.

Is yours a long dress? You said its low key so would a short veil be better for you? I think there is such a variety of headpieces these days that I'm sure you'd find something that works for you if that's what you want.
Have a lovely day. flowers

Maroonie Fri 19-May-17 22:33:38

I got one as a last minute panic buy for the same reason! It was 2 layered, elbow length with ribbon trim. I added broach to the top and ended up wearing it all day and loved it

StylishDuck Fri 19-May-17 22:33:56

I wore a birdcage veil rather than a long one. Would that work with your dress?

Janeinthemiddle Sat 20-May-17 00:15:05

I had an outdoor wedding, simple dress and a long lace veil. I thought it's a wedding and I want a veil! And I got one and it went really well, in my opinion anyway. Works as well cause my dress is pretty simple.

redcaryellowcar Sat 20-May-17 10:29:02

I had one to 'cover my shoulders' at church wedding. It was a windy day so after a few photos I took it off. My sister is handy with hair and make up so helped make sure I didn't make a huge mess of my hair!

NannyRed Wed 21-Jun-17 13:32:15

Hell girl, if you don't wear a veil on your big day you'll never get another chance.
As soon as you put your veil on you feel bridal, and it looks great in photos too. I only kept mine on for the ceremony and the photos as it was long so not at all practical for once we was in the reception room with our guests.

I too was a little unsure as I was a more mature bride but looking back I'm so pleased I did it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now