Talk

Advanced search

is this odd?

(9 Posts)
xxxbingbunnyxxx Fri 05-May-17 20:16:15

We are budgeting for a very inexpensive wedding, plus I'm not one for all extravagance of it all! We are planning a registry office for the legal bit, about 20 people, and will have an evening reception later for about 50. The question is after the legal bit, you usually have a the wedding breakfast and speech's, can I give that a miss (mainly due to the cost) and invite everyone back to my house for food and drinks and them onto the reception after? Lovely house and big enough garden btw! Thanks

MrTurtleLikesKisses Fri 05-May-17 20:17:59

I think that sounds lovely. Besides, wasn't that the norm not so long ago? If I was a guest I think I'd feel privileged to be part of such an intimate wedding.

WrittenandGrown Sat 06-May-17 19:45:33

Sounds great to me.

CrackersDontMatter Fri 12-May-17 19:00:26

I would absolutely do that if I didn't live in the house that Jack built! Lovely idea.

Mum4Fergus Sat 13-May-17 09:16:36

If that's what you both want then it sounds perfect smile

AnnoyedofTunbridgeWells Sat 13-May-17 09:19:43

I went to a wedding like this before and it was brilliant! Wedding in church then all piled back to bride's parents house which had a large garden for sandwiches, tea, champagne. Then into reception for evening meal and dancing and the speeches were done after the dinner. It was excellent.

YessicaHaircut Sat 13-May-17 09:24:13

Go for it, sounds really lovely flowers

shaggedthruahedgebackwards Sat 13-May-17 09:26:48

It sounds lovely

As long as you have the space and the guests will be fed and watered them I'm sure everyone will love it

troodiedoo Sat 13-May-17 09:29:14

Sounds perfect and you'll be reminded of your special day every day smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now