Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Period on your wedding day!!

(28 Posts)
Rainbowsandunicorns88 Thu 04-May-17 19:24:21

I don't know if I'll be on, but I pray to the high heavens I won't be. But I've read about period-delaying tablets which sound great though scared I'd be playing having a period against a face of spots or something. Anyone resorted to these?

iamapixiebutnotaniceone Thu 04-May-17 19:25:31

I've used them for a holiday years ago. I don't remember anything negative side affect wise x

ImLadybird Thu 04-May-17 19:25:39

Yeah, I did years ago. No problem!

Rainbowsandunicorns88 Thu 04-May-17 19:26:29

Do you then have a really heavy bleed afterwards?

PocketNiffler Thu 04-May-17 19:27:54

I used them for my wedding day. Had a trial run a couple of months before to make sure there were no mental side effects. Took them for the honeymoon too.

Ftumch Thu 04-May-17 19:28:15

I got some to take for the honeymoon (when my period was due) but my period started on the morning of the wedding angry a week earlier than usual. So I never got to use them, you have to take them 3 times a day and be consistent for them to work I believe.

GVmama Thu 04-May-17 19:28:56

Can you run over with your current contraception? (ie. not have a weeks break, therefore no period.)

I've done that plenty of times when I've not wanted a period on holiday. No good of you're not on the pill/ patch though obviously!!

Starlighter Thu 04-May-17 19:28:58

Get some! They're great! I react to everything, I can't take any contraceptive pills, but I'm totally fine with the period delay tablets. No side effects at all. You don't want to be dealing with that sort of stuff in a wedding dress!

lobsterface Thu 04-May-17 19:29:30

They can make you a bit bloated and have pms. It's essentially a heavy dose of the mini pill.

Secretsquirrelclub Thu 04-May-17 19:31:07

I have taken them, stopped period, but still had pmt cramps etc. . I think they can mess with your cycle, but I didn't have any long term side effects.

Blossomdeary Thu 04-May-17 19:31:09

Mine started on the morning of my wedding too! - not due at all. I spent my wedding night doubled up with period pain - oh joy!

scaredofthecity Thu 04-May-17 19:33:28

I used them to delay the period before the one that was due on my wedding/ honeymoon. Which meant I didn't had to deal with taking the tablets or the side effects whilst on honeymoon. I timed it well as I came I the day after we got home, although I did take sanpro just in case.

GardenGeek Thu 04-May-17 19:36:46

Ooo placemarking, Never heard of these, but what a great idea!
Think I will get some for glastonbury.

I have an irreguluar period so not sure if I would be on or not, can you start taking in advance anyway?

kohl Thu 04-May-17 19:55:56

My period started half way through the reception-wasn't even due. Came bowling out of the loo shouting "I don't FUCKING believe iiiiit" to the line up of elderly relatives waiting. Magical memories!

Rainbowsandunicorns88 Thu 04-May-17 20:17:08

How long can you stave it off for? I'm not textbook regular so would find it hard to predict

scaredofthecity Thu 04-May-17 20:49:45

As long as you keep taking the tablets. you have to take them 3 times a day though so they are a pain. I delayed mine by about 2 weeks, but iirc the gp wouldn't give me enough so i used some my sister had left over as well.
I think you have to start taking them about 3 days before your due and then I normally come on about 3 days after I stop taking them. So you don't have to be really regular but you need to have an idea of when your due.

thetreesarebare Thu 04-May-17 21:04:43

Norethisterone. They are a godsend. If your period is irregular just take them the day you start & it should stop. If your worried just take them the day before wedding & on the day. Deal with the period after your big day.

BlueChairs Thu 04-May-17 23:17:05

My friend had them for uni freshers ( hmm) and they worked a treat x

User99573864 Thu 04-May-17 23:24:15

I was on my period on my wedding day, to be fair we were so drunk tired that night it didn't matter, I didn't want to take chemicals as we were trying to conceive and in fact did so on the next cycle, with baby due 40 weeks after my wedding 😂😂

GardenGeek Fri 05-May-17 01:34:15

So no one had any side effects.

I got morning all day everyday sickness from the pill and had to stop envy

lb364 Fri 05-May-17 20:53:13

These gave me terrible (crying and accusing new bf of cheating on our first holiday together envy) mood swings so maybe have a practice run first!! I'm fine on the pill though...

MulderitsmeX Wed 10-May-17 21:18:26

I use them all the time, no side effects and don't mess with my cycle . I react massively to the pill but totally fine with nothisterone. Took them for my wedding day too!

Rainsbow Fri 12-May-17 06:12:37

I've taken a combined pill with with that progesterone before so hope it will be ok. Just need to work out how to gage when to take it when my cycles vary between 22-29 days

GardenGeek Sun 14-May-17 21:34:39

I have been thinking about this all week!

I just had a period recently, and according to Clue my next will be at the end of this month, and the one after will be bang smack in the middle of Glastonbury shock

Rather than having to deal with taking 3 pills a day at Glasto; could I delay this months period by a couple of weeks so it falls later, thus pushing Glastonbury period back a couple of weeks too.

Or does it not work like that, and even if I delay May period... My June period will come at the normal time (in the middle of Glasto) suggested by Clue.

GardenGeek Mon 15-May-17 22:06:08

Bumping to see if anyone can answer my question smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now