Advanced search

Applying for marriage licence in Scotland

(3 Posts)
M10s Tue 09-May-17 23:23:53

Were you born before 1983? Technically you shouldn't need a passport, but offer your out of date ones.

Born 1983/after? Each give your out of date passport and your parent's birth certificates.

It is to confirm your nationality, which isn't necessarily your place of birth.

Mum4Fergus Fri 28-Apr-17 09:53:53

Best check with you registrar to be sure...

Christinedaae17 Sat 22-Apr-17 19:11:42

We are due to marry in September so will be applying for our licence in June/July time, we both live in Scotland and are uk citizens from birth

It says you need to take valid passport as well as birth certificate and proof of address but both our passports are out of date and don't really want to spend ££ renewing them just for this purpose.

Has anyone else been in this situation? What else can be used?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in