Talk

Advanced search

Bridal Hair Costs

(13 Posts)
NurseButtercup Thu 20-Apr-17 09:50:38

My friend is getting married later this year and I offered to pay for her hair to be done (this will be her only wedding gift from me). I've found someone who was recommended and she charges:
£50 for save the date
£100 for all day at wedding unlimited touch ups and two preplanned hair styles (wedding and reception)
£50 for pre-wedding hair trial to figure out the styles.
So that's £200.
I'm a bit surprised at the £50 save the date, seems like a bit of a fleecing opportunity, but I know weddings are a money spinner for some professionals.

Is this the going rate??

Thanks for input smile

sonyaya Thu 20-Apr-17 13:31:18

I've not known of the save the date either! It would be cheaper to have just one hairstyle for the day. For her to be there all day and do 2 hairstyles i think £100 is reasonable, as is £50 for the trial.

Mamabear14 Thu 20-Apr-17 15:02:32

I have a hair and make up person in one. Trial, hair and make up is £200. She's not staying for touch ups though. You can always ask what lipstick they use at your trial and touch it up yourself

NurseButtercup Fri 21-Apr-17 07:20:39

She's not doing makeup, just doing hair. confused

NurseButtercup Fri 21-Apr-17 07:21:13

She's not doing makeup, this price is just for hair

NurseButtercup Fri 21-Apr-17 07:23:17

It's a flat rate of £100 for the day, so the price is the same for one or two hair styles.

CaraCranky Fri 21-Apr-17 15:27:27

What's the £50 save the date? A booking fee? I'd go elsewhere that's way more than what I've send quoted usually about £50 for a trial and £100 for the day.

beekeeper17 Fri 21-Apr-17 15:35:43

It does seem a lot, but then I just had someone do my hair that morning, they didn't stay the whole day and I didn't have a different hairstyle for the evening. Guess it depends on what your friend is expecting, but I would have thought most people just have their hair done in the morning and then their bridesmaids are on hand during the day to add a bit more hairspray if needed and help take the veil out of there is one etc. Think I paid about £70 for mine.

beekeeper17 Fri 21-Apr-17 15:36:36

Oh and I did also pay for a trial, it was less, around £40 I think.

Underthemoonlight Fri 21-Apr-17 15:39:17

The hairdresser is taking the piss I paid 20 for my hair which styled in all day and my BM 15 each

beekeeper17 Fri 21-Apr-17 15:42:40

And the save the date charge sounds like a money spinner for doing nothing. If it really was a save the date charge I'd expect you then to get that money off the price i.e. You put down a £50 deposit to save your date which you lose if you cancel, and then you pay the remaining £50 on the day, but it sounds like she's really charging £150 which includes a £50 non refundable deposit, but trying to make it sound better by saying it's only £100!

Mamabear14 Fri 21-Apr-17 16:44:04

Yeah saving the date but not coming off the bill is taking the piss. I paid £30 to secure my date which comes off the final bill.

NurseButtercup Tue 25-Apr-17 00:31:03

Thank you for your messages. The £50 save the date has put me right off. I don't think I'm going to bother.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now