Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone not 'walk down the aisle'?

(16 Posts)
blueberrymojito Tue 18-Apr-17 21:43:25

We're having a very small wedding ceremony and a small gathering afterwards. We really don't want a fuss. I'm thinking around 25 people max but I wish it was less!

Those of you who did something similar, and had a very small ceremony with close family, did you still do the whole walk down the aisle with your dad type thing? I really want to avoid this blush it would just feel so weird with so few people there!

How did others do it? What about those of you who just went to the registry office? Did you just arrive with your DH and say the vows and skip walking down the aisle?

Feel completely clueless!! grin

SunnySomer Tue 18-Apr-17 21:46:31

We got married in a youth hostel. Walked in together and did no handing over of father to husband because we'd already lived together for 5 years and that all felt a bit wrong.

SunnySomer Tue 18-Apr-17 21:48:06

PS there was no aisle in the room - we kind of walked in at the front from the side, so no need to divide an already smallish group.

user1492458803 Tue 18-Apr-17 21:48:28

We had 15 at our wedding, walking down the aisle was about the only traditional thing we did!

I planned my wedding exactly who I wanted it, if I hadn't of wanted to walk down the aisle I wouldn't have. I am a firm believer that I married my husband because I wanted to be married to him, not because I wanted to have a wedding and so I did it my way.

mayhew Tue 18-Apr-17 21:49:02

We walked in together hand in hand. Because that is us, no fake "giving away".

Rudymentary Tue 18-Apr-17 21:49:08

We went in first and then let the guests join us

museumum Tue 18-Apr-17 21:50:31

Walked in together with dh.
We had a wee chat with the registrar first while our guests were shown to their seats, then we just walked in.

Bonkerz Tue 18-Apr-17 21:52:27

We did registry office and went in room together before the guests!

MsDragonne Tue 18-Apr-17 21:53:05

We had a small wedding, only 18 people in total. We did a registry office wedding, and walked in together, both holding our dd's hand. We did walk down an aisle, purely because that's how the room is set up, W had to come in from the back and get to the front. I definitely didn't want my dad to walk me down the aisle and hand me over, so we chose to walk in together.

AbundantFenestration Tue 18-Apr-17 21:54:24

We did registry office and walked in together with witnesses and dc. Didn't invite anyone else.

AntiHop Tue 18-Apr-17 21:56:10

We got married at a registry office. We just arrived and mingled with the guests before the ceremony started. No walking down the aisle, no giving away. I found the idea of that sexist and unappealing.

gallicgirl Tue 18-Apr-17 21:56:14

I sidled in from the office behind the ceremony room, holding my daughter's hand.
To tell the truth, I wanted to make more of an entrance because we had a cracking soundtrack. None of that giving away nonsense though.

bingisthebest Tue 18-Apr-17 21:56:21

We had a small wedding in a pub. It was outside and there was a kind of aisle which I walked sling either my dad. Was ok but def bit traditional. Had to walk I somehow and wants my dad there. But very low key

blueberrymojito Tue 18-Apr-17 21:56:25

Love the idea of walking in together! Going in before guests also sounds good!

RhuBarbarella Tue 18-Apr-17 22:05:37

We were in before the guests as well. We had a similar sized group of people. They gathered and chatted in another room, we were in the wedding room getting sorted and then they came in. All very informal. I really didn't want an aisle walking thing either.

SnickersWasAHorse Tue 18-Apr-17 22:11:19

We walked in together.
We had 6 people there.
To be honest until this moment I hadn't thought about the fact that my dad didn't give me away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now