Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Activity bags

(20 Posts)
Nifflerbowtruckle Sat 01-Apr-17 08:48:44

I'm getting married in June. If every child who we invited end up coming there will be around 15 children under the age of 10. I was thinking of doing a little bag for each of them with a small colouring book and maybe a couple of other bits and pieces. Has anyone ever done this before and have any ideas of what to put in them?

SelfObsessionHoney Sat 01-Apr-17 08:53:45

My friend did this at her wedding, she put in colouring books, crayons, a little book (she got a cheap set from somewhere) some bubbles and a few lollipops. Went down a treat.

OlennasWimple Sat 01-Apr-17 08:55:56

Yes, I've seen this at weddings too

Depends on your set up, but small tubs of bubbles can keep children entertained outside for ages

Go to Tiger for things like puzzles and games, as well as colouring books

Nifflerbowtruckle Sat 01-Apr-17 08:57:27

Thank you those sound like great ideas.

GreenFirefly Sat 01-Apr-17 09:12:44

I also put in disposable cameras (can you still get them?!) so we got a childs view of our wedding. Glow sticks were also popular at the evening do.

Pineapplemilkshake Mon 03-Apr-17 13:33:08

I did this and they went down a treat. Each child received a different coloured drawstring PE type bag, about £1.50 each on ebay. Each contained the following (mostly from The Works):
Colouring book
Crayola Twistable crayons
Balloon
3 wooden games (e.g. Dominoes, coin stack, pick up sticks)
Small selection of haribo and lollies

The toddlers contained once of those boards that you draw on with a magnet pen (can't think of the name!) instead of wooden games

Nifflerbowtruckle Mon 03-Apr-17 16:01:26

Thanks they sound amazing. Most of the kids will be 5 and under so it gives me plenty of ideas.

Chug10 Mon 03-Apr-17 18:57:27

I have ordered some little activity books from Amazon. 4 for £1.98. I haven't seen them yet, but going to put them with colouring crayons, bubbles, and some small travel games. :-)

Isadora2007 Mon 03-Apr-17 18:59:20

They're fab idea and went down a treat at our friends wedding.
The wee scribble boards for toddlers is good. Stickers and a pad always go down well. Glow sticks fab idea.

StylishDuck Mon 03-Apr-17 19:18:29

We did this. We had 4 kids aged from 2-5 at the wedding. I put in crayons and plain paper for drawing, bubbles, a couple of snacks and a drink. I think they went down well. In retrospect, now having 2yo myself, I would really appreciate anything like this at a wedding. I would take stuff with me to entertain her of course, but it shows thought and that the children are just as welcome as their parents.

StylishDuck Mon 03-Apr-17 19:18:51

Oh yeah, stickers too! smile

Soon2bC Tue 04-Apr-17 11:07:35

we are doing this next week, we have got colouring books, crayons, stickers, bubbles, glow sticks.....

we have also put in plain cards and envelopes with a note attached asking them to make us a wedding card and put it in the post box. (our plan is that if they get married we will turn them into a card or keepsake)

AuntieStella Tue 04-Apr-17 11:12:33

If you have a couple or more towards the top of the age range, stick in some Uno cards or ordinary playing cards.

Soon2bC Tue 04-Apr-17 11:14:48

wilko sell old maid and snap for £1 for 4 i have these as well (stella reminded me)

user1440873379 Tue 04-Apr-17 11:15:33

The disposable cameras sound really good, it's such a sweet idea to have a child's point of view of the wedding, and some of the pictures could turn out great! grin

cravingcake Fri 07-Apr-17 09:38:57

I helped my friend do these for her wedding. We put in a small car for the boys, a couple of bits of plastic jewellery for the girls (ring, bracelets etc) for the babies we put in a small rubber duck. All cheap from pound shops, wilko, amazon etc. We did disposable cameras with an 'eye spy' list for the older kids (aged 7-10) - take a photo of prettiest dress, mummy & daddy dancing etc.

Instead of buying colouring books I just printed a loaf of wedding sort of themed pictures and word searches, mazes from the internet and punched a hole in them and tied together with raffia string as that matched the rustic feel and meant we could personalise a bit, basic colouring for young ones, puzzles/word searches for the older ones.

They all loved playing with the giant bowl of confetti outside.

If putting any snacks in try to think about sticky fingers so avoid chocolate or really long lasting sweets. A small box of raisins, little packet of haribo, quavers or pom bears. We included little snacks as speeches were before dinner but everyone was seated so kept kids quiet and distracted just that bit longer.

madmoon Fri 07-Apr-17 09:57:14

I did at our wedding , we had 22 children under 12 in the bags I put , colouring pictures I printed off the internet , a pack of crayons , bubbles , then in those party shops I bought mini puzzles , tiny rubix cubes , activity sets , and a small pack of sweets. The kids and parents said it was a fab idea.

mangomama91 Fri 07-Apr-17 10:21:55

We had a seaside theme so we had buckets and a spade for the "bag" and a little book, stickers, colouring, bubbles and I found a colour your own puzzle. I'm sure there was more 🤔
I have seen in Tesco recently there's little puzzles I think they're Disney ad they're only 50p! They'd be brilliant! I've been meaning to get some for my daughter to take out with us for if we ever eat out 🙂

Chottie Mon 01-May-17 16:13:30

I went on google and down free loaded wedding themed colouring / puzzle books which were very popular. Hobbycraft have a good selection of wedding theme stuff too.

StandardLampski Sat 24-Jun-17 21:05:19

Any thoughts on what a 10 year old boy might appreciate? Have the younger kids covered....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now