Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Guests Food Choices

(13 Posts)
beardedlobster Sat 11-Mar-17 23:24:27

Hello,
We are getting married this September. After the tasting session with our caterers we have decided to give our guests a choice of three options for each course.
I was wondering how anyone else who had done this had collected the choices from the guests, my thoughts were to include the menu in the invitation and ask guests to tell us their choices when they RSVP. My DF thinks we should make it more specific and include an RSVP return card with a kind of table for guests to clearly indicate their choices. What does anyone think, or examples how you have done this!
Any help most appreciated
Thanks

itsbetterthanabox Sat 11-Mar-17 23:28:17

We did a little card with each course and the 3 choices then 2 boxes after each and asked people to put their initials in the boxes. It's worked well. Just receiving our RSVPs back now and people have understood it!

MimiSunshine Sun 12-Mar-17 09:58:40

My friend did this, they just put the menu in and asked people to confirm their choices in the RSVP which was included and on the back of the menu card so all anyone had to do was indicate which options.
Don't forget bespoke RSVP cards will cost a lot more in printing as in theory you need a table with each guests name etc

I'd just include a note to say please initial your choices for your meal.

Leeds2 Sun 12-Mar-17 14:44:00

My sister included a copy of the menu and asked people to indicate their choices when RSVPing (for her DD's wedding). She said she was amazed at the number of people who replied that they were coming, but didn't include any menu choices!

Glitteryfrog Mon 13-Mar-17 20:03:22

We included the menu and asked people to email us what their choices.
The chances of getting an email/Facebook/WhatsApp message from the guys we know was much higher than an actual written note.

To be honest i was tempted to just email invites rather than post... But i think the elders of the family might have objected.

angelopal Mon 13-Mar-17 20:12:00

We printed our own rsvp cards with the menu options. They just had to tick what they wanted. Only had to chase a few in the end. The hotel then put what they picked on the back of their table place card.

MulderitsmeX Wed 19-Apr-17 23:18:37

We included a sheet of paper with little tick boxes, then some people tried to order off menu...

mamatiger83 Wed 19-Apr-17 23:27:25

We had little menus printed to go alongside the invitations and asked guests to include their choices with their rsvp or to email

Morewashingtodo Thu 20-Apr-17 08:38:20

I wish we were able to give a choice of food to guests at our wedding sad. I hate having to choose something to suit 80 people.

I printed out the menu choices myself on some nice paper and sent with the invitations. Invitation did also include phone numbers and email addresses giving people a choice of reply options. We never had to chase anybody up I don't think.
I then put them all on a spreadsheet in a layout that matched the table plan to email to the hotel...I may have got a little over involved in that bit.

LeBoob Thu 20-Apr-17 09:20:46

We sent menu options, I wrote a number in invisible ink on all the invites that corresponded to the invitee. Worked well for us

divabride Sat 22-Apr-17 10:10:22

We found that including a table was going to be too much hassle and more expense. We got the person who was making our invitations to write out the menu on a separate card with a note saying "place initials next to your choice from each course. Please return with your rsvp". We've just had the last of our rsvp's back so it worked for us grin

Anna275 Sat 06-May-17 14:23:42

I got married in the US where this is the norm. It's usually included on the RSVP with little tick boxes. However, I would recommend only listing, vague information like chicken, beef, vegetarian, as well as the additional line for allergy information. If you give all the details you run the risk of someone asking if they can have meal 1 with the side for meal 2, asking for substitutions, etc. Keep it vague and it will be much less of a hassle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now