We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Reception DJ

(8 Posts)
VenusStarr Wed 08-Mar-17 18:15:05

Just wondering what we should be looking for price wise? Have been quite £800 for 2 DJs and wasn't sure if that was average? They are alternative, rather than the usual wedding tracks. We're in the Midlands if that makes a difference?

wonderingsoul Fri 10-Mar-17 19:07:32

Why do you need two djs?

Inwould say that is very expensive. I would ask on face book for local dj people or company.. dont tell them its for a wedding just a party.

My friend is a profesional dj and hes charge 150 -200 depending if he has to travel for a gig

VenusStarr Sat 11-Mar-17 11:41:23

We don't need 2 DJs. Thats their set up / company. I met them at a wedding fayre.

Other djs we've met / looked into just do the traditional primary colour lights and typical wedding / party songs. Not really looking for that. We want to hear music that we like which is a bit more alternative.

I'm pretty sure the dj would realise when he got to the venue that it was a wedding, so not sure how not saying at the time of booking would help.

ComputerUserNumptyTwit Sat 11-Mar-17 13:30:47

We're planning to have a solo rock guitarist/singer (it's a bit cheesey but he's ace). He brings lights and whatnot, and plays whatever music you like before/between/after sets. Charges £600 for weddings.

sonyaya Sat 11-Mar-17 15:07:49

We are Midlands and our DJ is £400 for four hours.

WhistlingBetty Mon 13-Mar-17 21:05:43

In London we had quotes from £450 to about £700.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Fri 24-Mar-17 15:47:15

Cornwall. £170 for the night, 7pm-midnight. He's good, we got his details at another wedding last year!

RubertRoo Fri 24-Mar-17 16:06:50

I am in the midlands and my DJ cost £500 last year for an all day package so he started at the meal and ended at midnight. Also did all our announcements throughout the day and had mood lighting for the evening.

We picked our whole playlist with him from our walk in song to the music to be played during the meal to the evening - told him the exact genres we wanted and not to to just play what he wanted.

So I would say yours isn't too expensive if they are offering everything that you want!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now