Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

A mixed bag of bridesmaids - help!

(12 Posts)
AndnoneforGretchenWeinersBye Tue 14-Feb-17 20:59:06

Hi all;

My lovely bridesmaid's to be are very different looking and all have differing ideas of what they look nice in. They're all gorgeous but I want them to wear something they feel beautiful in, not overly fussed as a bride but want them to feel fab. One is 46, and wants to hide most of her arms and her knees, one is mid 20's but also wants to hide arms, and one is happy with anything. Does anyone have any ideas around dresses? I'd like them to be in something floaty and gorgeous, maybe with 3/4 length sleeves and the dresses being knee / midi length. My colours scheme is blush / rose pink and grey. All help very gratefully received! Thank you.

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 14-Feb-17 21:00:25

I think a set colour and different styles is lovely. Make sure it the exact same fabric and if they don't match, none of them can match. Can't have four of one and one of another!

AndnoneforGretchenWeinersBye Tue 14-Feb-17 21:04:17

Thank you! I'm all for differing styles. My older bridesmaid / MOH is keen to wear something that shops sell explicitly for over 40's. She will look gorgeous in anything - am struggling to help her to see not everything for an over 40 should come from Jacques Vert, Précis or M&S! (Not far from 40 myself so kind of understand!)

SpaceDinosaur Tue 14-Feb-17 21:15:59

Look online at the make "dessy"
Lots of UK bridal stores stock them and the dresses are gorgeous. If you choose your fabric and colour, there's an enormous collection of dresses you can select from. So all your BMs are in identical fabric and colour but dresses which suit them as individuals

Moose23 Tue 14-Feb-17 21:20:07

I used m.jjshouse.co.uk/Cheap-Wedding-Party-Dresses-c4#pageview_1487107069678 for my mixed bag of bridesmaids. I chose a colour and chiffon fabric and they all chose different styles. Two had long dresses and the rest knee length. It was fantastic if I do say so myself - they all got to choose something to suit their bodies and personalities.

LiefieLiefie Tue 14-Feb-17 21:21:28

ASOS have some gorgeous ones in.

This and this in same fabric but different styles.

Blush with sleeves

V Neck blush with sleeves

TFNC maxi and midi

More blue than grey but like the style.

I've not decided on my bridesmaids yet apart from my sister, but in a similar position as my sister is short and a size 20, whereas my friends/SIL are very tall and size 8/10. I don't want her to feel embarrassed in any way, really conscious as it is something that she has mentioned in the past. Think I will end up going down the route of similar fabrics/colours but a style that suits each individual.

Lucked Tue 14-Feb-17 21:25:17

I would go to a bridesmaid shop selling ready, jasmine etc . Not only can they get different dresses in identical fabric but they can add a little jacket or change the straps as required.

NapQueen Tue 14-Feb-17 21:26:41

I went to a recent wedding where the bridesmaids all had different dresses. The only rules were floor length and black. The bride paid for them, but totally the girls choices individually. Each one looked stunning.

AndnoneforGretchenWeinersBye Tue 14-Feb-17 21:34:31

Thanks all so much. I'm rubbish at links so have attached a pic of one I like. It's hard when they have such different looks, I like the idea of different styles but the same colour. I think that will look good - MOH in a longer dress and the bridesmaids in shorter ones. Gah! Weddings!

Laska5772 Tue 14-Feb-17 21:34:45

Phase Eight? (may be too expensive)

pink and grey

blush

pink/ grey flowers

Laska5772 Tue 14-Feb-17 21:35:51

pink with 3/4sleeves but ££s!

GlitterRollerSkate Tue 14-Feb-17 21:39:05

Infinity dresses! There are so many ways to tie them including sleeves. The ones we had I chopped the bottom off as I am so short. There was 4 of us all in the same colour but tied/worn differently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now