Talk

Advanced search

Seating Arrangement Nightmare!!

(7 Posts)
MrsMoore2803 Sun 01-Jan-17 22:19:45

Although my name on here is "Mrs" I am actually currently engaged not yet married. My parents divorced when I was 15 and they both have partners. I get on alright with my mums boyfriend but I really dislike my dads girlfriend. She's just so boring and has to know what is going on in any conversation etc and I was honestly debating not inviting her. She's not only boring but needs all of my dads attention on her. It's my big day and although this may make me seem like some spoilt brat I don't want to have to fight her all day for my dads attention. Like if she feels that my dad is showing anybody else attention she does this ridiculous fake laugh and starts talking over people until the attention is back on her!

I know that she will want to expect to sit on the top table at my wedding and I don't want her there. Obviously my dad and mum will be sitting on the top table. What should I do about dads girlfriend? AIBU to make her sit with the other guests and have my mums boyfriend sit on the top table? Both of them have children as well so should how would you do this?

Thank you!!

MrsCaecilius Mon 02-Jan-17 10:12:25

We have complicated families with similar issues and solved the problem by not having a top table.

Our parents hosted three tables (his mum and partner, his dad and partner, my mum) and we moved tables and sat with different groups of friends for each course. Worked brilliantly!

madcatwoman61 Mon 02-Jan-17 10:25:43

Go for a buffet

WhiteStars Mon 02-Jan-17 15:31:26

I think you have to have the same rule for your mums boyfriend and your dads girlfriends providing they are in both in serious relationships and live together. How long have both couples been together?

AdmiralCissyMary Mon 02-Jan-17 15:44:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsMoore2803 Mon 02-Jan-17 20:53:19

WhiteStars They don't live together but have been in a relationship for about 10 years.

If I sit them at the Top Table what about their kids?

WhiteStars Mon 02-Jan-17 22:02:39

You don't need to put their children on the top table. It would irk me in your position to put your dads girlfriend on the top table but if you're doing that for your mums boyfriend I don't see how you can get out of it without causing upset. Just sit her at the end. Also you don't have to sit her next to him- have him next to you then you can have some time with your dad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now