Talk

Advanced search

Struggling, clothes and organisation - 3 weeks left

(42 Posts)
Wallywobbles Thu 24-Nov-16 19:44:37

Hi

Would someone, anyone be so kind as to give me a bit of a helping hand. We are getting married in about 3 weeks - very short notice - only been planning it for 2 weeks. Our original plan was 4 kids, us, 2 witnesses, but there has been a bit of a game changer from my DSM and suddenly we are 40 adults, 20 kids.

This is both of our second marriages, and after 3 years we are still absurdly happy together. The kids get on well and we have a pretty good merged family.

I have booked:
a hotel for my family coming from UK (we live in France)
a restaurant (for lunch)
the registry office - (morning wedding)
the kids have outfits
looking for flowers this weekend
looking for hairdresser is on my to do list

But what else should be on my to do list?

So I thought I'd bought myself part of an outfit - a top from Desigual that I felt really good in. Struggled finding a bottom that goes with it so can you tell me if this outfit is ok to wear to my wedding or are our semi-bridesmaids (3 preteen daughters) going to be better dressed than me. I've got a nasty feeling the answer is yes.

Pre-teen daughters will be wearing these Silver shift dresses

And the photos is me in my outfit. I'm going to take the trousers back for the next size up as I'm feeling like a sausage in over tight skin. I've just lost 3.5 stone, and thought I'd be into these in 3 weeks time, but I'm stress eating a bit.

Thanks for any help. I'm basically now a size 12/14 short arse with boobs.

JohnLapsleyParlabane Thu 24-Nov-16 19:48:56

Congratulations! I think the top is lovely. There's perhaps a bit of difference in style between your outfit and the girls dresses but the most important thing is that you like what you are wearing and can enjoy the day. Have you got time to book and go to one of the free stylist appointments that Debenhams etc offer? I did that for a family wedding a few years ago and found several lovely options.

annandale Thu 24-Nov-16 19:49:27

I like the top but I do think it's a very different feel to the dresses. There's also no point in wearing something you are not comfortable in.

Searching...

annandale Thu 24-Nov-16 19:55:24

Would you consider something like the Linea Glitter Wrap Dress in red and black on the House of Fraser website, with scarlet knee length boots? On phone so can't link.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Thu 24-Nov-16 19:58:58

That top is beautiful! You look lovely.

You and the kids are in very different styles of clothing, but does it really matter? If you're all happy and comfortable, that's so important.

Congratulations on the weight loss, that's a massive achievement.

annandale Thu 24-Nov-16 19:59:44

Ooh!! Debenhams have over the knee burgundy flat suede boots with gilt heels, name Katie,£50. ?

Wallywobbles Thu 24-Nov-16 20:46:09

Thanks all -
annandale I have really huge calves, basically thighs that meet ankles, so I kind of like to hide them as a rule, which is why I tend to lean towards trousers. I like the silver dress more than the red and black one on the house of frazer site. I'm in France so it would be a matter or ordering online, do you know what their sizing is like?

Wallywobbles Thu 24-Nov-16 20:51:27

Other point is DP is also a shorty a couple of cms taller than me (if that) so I'll definitely be in flats as that's my preference anyway.

Wallywobbles Thu 24-Nov-16 20:54:48

how about this?
www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Mint+Velvet+Champagne+Beaded+Dress/256658471,default,pd.html

JohnLapsleyParlabane Thu 24-Nov-16 22:32:53

That's GORGEOUS

Bijouxxx Thu 24-Nov-16 22:32:53

I think that would look gorgeous smile

Bijouxxx Thu 24-Nov-16 22:33:20

Haha xpost!

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Thu 24-Nov-16 22:42:19

Yes, the dress is lovely and should match more with your girls. Shoes?

Ilovetorrentialrain Thu 24-Nov-16 22:51:55

That last one is gorgeous for a winter wedding OP.

Wallywobbles Fri 25-Nov-16 05:20:22

How fortunate you all agree its BlackFriday and I'm on the case. Thank you so much.

Probably black flats - unless you all think I should wear something else. Strangely I have a rather beautiful pair of geox ones.

How about black tights with sparkles on?

Also having a bit of a faux fur thing with the girls

What do you think of these

coat 1

or

coat 2

or anything from here

faux fur coats

Or help - the choice is overwhelming - I like fitted but have large upper arms which can be an issue.

Sixisthemagicnumber Fri 25-Nov-16 05:30:38

That house of Fraser dress is lovely and either coat1, coat 2 or the Jane Norman shrug would look lovely with it.

Wallywobbles Fri 25-Nov-16 06:31:01

Just thought - we haven't done rings! Off to amazon now.

Wallywobbles Fri 02-Dec-16 12:38:50

Ok so final choice here.

Two different jackets and two different shoes. Any thoughts please.

Wallywobbles Fri 02-Dec-16 12:41:51

Different shoes and jacket.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Fri 02-Dec-16 12:57:46

Pale shoes. Gorgeous!

myoriginal3 Fri 02-Dec-16 13:04:19

Is this a serious post

Sixisthemagicnumber Fri 02-Dec-16 13:05:19

The pale shoes without a doubt. They match they jacket and will go better with the dress. You will look amazing.

Sixisthemagicnumber Fri 02-Dec-16 13:05:59

Why wouldn't it be original?

myoriginal3 Fri 02-Dec-16 13:06:46

I'm not sure whether you posted the wrong photo initially? It's a photo of a jumper and leggings?
Your recent photos are of a sparkly dress?

myoriginal3 Fri 02-Dec-16 13:07:57

Maybe I've finally gone mad and am hallucinating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now