Talk

Advanced search

Am I being silly

(6 Posts)
FledglingFTB Tue 01-Nov-16 09:25:31

To find the whole modern wedding shebang alienating and this quite appealing.

Is there really any major difference between the two?

vegmum83 Wed 02-Nov-16 09:52:24

I'm not really sure what the differences are? We didn't want a big wedding and all the expense etc so just went to Gretna green grin

AllPowerfulLizardPerson Wed 02-Nov-16 10:09:20

The link is an article to a call for civil partnerships to be mapped available to heterosexual couples.

It is nothing to do with how elaborate the party a couple chooses to have to mark the occasion (whether CP or marriage).

vegmum83 Wed 02-Nov-16 10:14:39

Yeah that's true, if you have a civil partnership you could still have a big celebration. I suppose you would just have to look into what the differences are and decide which would be best for you. I always thought civil partnerships were for same sex couples who couldn't get married though, but now they can maybe there won't be that many civil partnerships?

Kel1234 Thu 03-Nov-16 09:38:14

Regardless of what actual ceremony a couple has, how big or small it all is is their choice.

FledglingFTB Fri 11-Nov-16 10:26:39

Oh yes, each to their own. I guess I feel like for me personally marriage comes with a load of traditional baggage that I just don't feel are relevant to me or my partner. Which is why the idea of something more up to date and modern appeals. Although I do tend to be a magpie for shiny new things. I wouldn't want to look pretentious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now