Talk

Advanced search

No frills wedding

(5 Posts)
gunting Sat 22-Oct-16 11:56:58

Has anyone had a really basic wedding before?

We are thinking of getting married next year at some point but only really for the tax allowance and because we have DC together. We are both very much agreed we don't want a big day, we really do just want to turn up and sign a contract. Very romantic. grin

Has anyone else had a wedding like this?

Smartleatherbag Sat 22-Oct-16 11:59:21

Hi, we had a very low key wedding. I was a Christian so small church ceremony with family, then a party at home. My brother had a civil wedding then we had a restaurant meal. It was great!

paap1975 Fri 28-Oct-16 10:31:53

If you're really just doing it for the tax and kids, then I would just stick to registry office with you DP and witnesses, followed by a nice meal

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Fri 28-Oct-16 10:40:02

Yep. We went to the County registry office then for a nice meal afterwards. Only our 4 dc, my Dad, FIL, his partner, a friend & his OH were present. Our dad's were the witnesses. I think the total cost excluding food was £150. It was lovely & I wouldn't have changed it for the world.

YesItsMeIDontCare Fri 28-Oct-16 10:42:28

Registry Office, then local pub. Booked tables, but everyone ordered their own stuff off the bog standard menu.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now