Talk

Advanced search

Flower girls

(12 Posts)
carbcraver Sat 13-Aug-16 09:23:11

My cousin has asked if my 2 DDs would be flower girls at his wedding in November. I've said yes, and that I'd pay for there outfits. All the bride has said is ivory dresses.

Having never dresses a flower girl before, where do I start!? Having a quick nose on eBay there are loads of options and price can vary hugely!

Any suggestions for high street shops where they can actually try them on saving on all that delivery just to send them back when they don't fit?!

Shoes? Jackets as it'll be cold? This is gunna cost me some isn't it??!! shock

YouMakeMyDreams Sat 13-Aug-16 09:25:40

Lots of high street shops do flower girls type dresses. My nieces came from m&s. Debenhams do as well. Bhs used to be good for them too.

almostthirty Sat 13-Aug-16 09:26:30

Bhs had some gorgeous ivory flower girl dresses yesterday. You would have to be quick as limited but very cheap stock atm.

almostthirty Sat 13-Aug-16 09:27:11

They also had shoes and faux fur boleros.

BuzzzyBeee Sat 13-Aug-16 09:28:40

Monsoon do beautiful dresses for children. A bit on the more expensive but you could sell them afterwards?

carbcraver Sat 13-Aug-16 09:40:49

Amazing! I have convinced DP to go window shopping later and we have all the above shops available to us!

girlywhirly Sat 13-Aug-16 14:36:10

John Lewis do ivory dresses in the children's clothing dept.

carbcraver Sat 13-Aug-16 18:33:18

Bhs was being ransacked!!! Had some nice dresses left but not in any size I need angry

Womenareliketeabags Sat 13-Aug-16 18:35:24

I got my flower girls little dress from next, plain Ivory and then my Mum added a ribbon round the waist in the same colour as the bridesmaids. She wore some lacey socks with pumps and looked gorgeous.

FuzzyOwl Sat 13-Aug-16 18:38:49

I bought my flower girl her dress from Monsoon but Next and Mamas and Papas (depending on the age/size of your DDs) had dresses I liked and were suitable.

Iguessyourestuckwithme Sat 13-Aug-16 18:44:41

Have you looked on ebay there are over 500 ivory girls dresses on there at the moment.

carbcraver Sat 13-Aug-16 20:36:44

I have looked on eBay, just concerned over sizing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now