Talk

Advanced search

Wedding dress shopping

(8 Posts)
SquidgyRedBall Thu 14-Jul-16 17:39:26

Who did you take dress shopping? Or rather how many people?

At the moment I got about 5 people coming. Is that too many? Those coming are very very close to me and on one hand I want them to experience shopping with me and on the other hand I want them to see 'the finished piece' so to speak.

By the way, all 5 have expressed an interest in coming I've not made them come they are all genuinely excited about going more than I am

Rubberduckies Fri 15-Jul-16 07:51:51

I think it's just personal preference. A lot of shops just encourage you to try on all the different styles and shapes the first time you go so could be fun with close friends. Personally I just took my sister, I didn't want to be confused by lots of people's different ideas. I chose the dress yesterday and going again tomorrow to show my Mum what I chose.

MrsCaecilius Fri 15-Jul-16 12:30:13

I agree that it is down to personal preferences. I just took my mum and that worked really well, but I'm not into big girly groups. A lot of bridal shops are quite small and I'd five a big group would be crowded and distracting. You often get a set time for an appointment, maybe an hour, and I think that the more people you had with you the more hectic and difficult it would be.

For me, 2 people with me would be enough. Anymore would be overkill.

ArtOfKnit Sat 16-Jul-16 11:40:19

I have to say when I went dress shopping, the salons all strongly recommended that I have no more than 2 people with me, as you don't necessarily want lots of people giving their (differing) opinions

FranksBobot Sat 16-Jul-16 11:42:07

I went on my own, I didn't want people's opinions ruining my decision. I found the perfect dress and then took my mum at a later date to see it.

WipsGlitter Thu 28-Jul-16 14:00:48

I'm also intending to go on my own. I'm hoping to get it online really but have had a look in few places.

I've agreed to do a session with my sister and neices so they can "be part of it".

I know what suits me and what I like. I always look shite trying clothes on and I can't bear the thought of lots of people seeing me not able to fit into stuff!!

VioletBam Thu 28-Jul-16 14:02:39

I used to work in a wedding dress shop and we found that any more than 3 became an issue. Not only because they got in the way but because they all tended to confuse the bride with differing opinions.

Lilly948204 Thu 04-Aug-16 00:14:33

I just went with my bridesmaid, couldn't deal with the stress of family lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now