Talk

Advanced search

DIY bouquet

(4 Posts)
Hopelass Mon 30-May-16 17:48:32

I'm getting married in July in a very small (15 guests) registry office do. We are keeping costs down as we moved house 6 months ago and have DC2 due in October. I can't justify spending 40 odd quid on a bouquet so was wondering if I'm mad to consider getting a nice bunch of cut flowers and using ribbon and pearl topped pins to make my own bouquet? Does this sound feasible?

Hopelass Mon 30-May-16 18:55:33

Bump flowers

Soon2bC Tue 07-Jun-16 15:15:33

Congratulations Hopelass. I think DIY Bouquet would be lovely. I have made them before using online videos. I spent less than £5 on cut flowers from a supermarket and a couple of stems of gypsophillia from a florist and made 3 (1 large and 2 small) for a family member. and no one noticed that they were homemade. (and i am rubbish with flowers)
I would suggest getting some flowers from the supermarket and having a go. Let them get a good drink before cutting them and keep them in a cool place. it will give you a chance to practice, before the event and for you to see how well they last. you may want to make the bouquet the night before so it is fresh and make sure you keep it in water overnight. add the ribbon in the morning to keep it clean. I would love to see a photo of it when you are done!
I am getting married next year and will be trying to make my own buttonholes before then to see if i can! I have actually been gifted a bouquet by another bride who won it in a competition so will be using that but if it falls through then i will DIY all the way

GemmaB78 Sat 11-Jun-16 13:02:23

I will be making my own bouquet and will be following soon2bC's advice. Supermarket roses, enhanced with beautiful peonies from my Mum's garden.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now