Talk

Advanced search

Wedding gifts

(6 Posts)
Monison Tue 03-May-16 14:32:30

I am really struggling with gifts for parents, children and helpers at our wedding in May. I want to get something special - not naff - and preferably not flowers. What did you get for Mums, Dads, Children and bridesmaids? And was it well received?

Mizuna Tue 03-May-16 15:27:24

I too am struggling with parents. I have two 7 year old girls as bridesmaids and I'm giving them tiny silver heartshaped lockets - one is my DD, I'm giving her the locket I was given for being bridesmaid at my cousin's wedding when I was 10.

Mizuna Tue 03-May-16 15:28:14

Should add I thought silver for bridesmaids was traditional so didn't think further than that.

purplefizz26 Tue 03-May-16 15:34:18

Bridesmaids-
Matching necklace and earring sets to wear on the day

Groomsmen- watches

Parents- personalised photo frames

Page boy- childrens watch and soft toy

Flower girls - silver bangles and soft toy

mrsm12 Tue 03-May-16 19:23:20

Bridesmaids I got them jewellery for the day and il have them in a little hamper with dressing gowns for the morning and personalised wine glasses and a bottle of wine.
Parents I got personalised glasses too (wine or brandy)
Groomsmen got them watches
Pageboys are my own kids all under 4 so il have a new toy for them for when they are going home with the babysitter!

Spam88 Sat 14-May-16 01:09:26

Bridesmaids had little goody bag type things in the morning, with their jewelry for the day (bit of a cheat, but meh), personalised champagne flutes, Yankee Candle Wedding Day candles, nail polish in my wedding colour and Bridesmaids/Made of Honour DVD as appropriate. Mum also had a glass in the morning so she wasn't left out!

We went down the flower route for mums, and I also made my mum a memory locket with some lace from my wedding dress in and a couple of other charms related to our wedding. She wears this literally all the time. I had to remind her that she's the one who taught me you shouldn't wear necklaces to bed...

My dad we bought an expensive bottle of rum and a personalised tankard type glass, FOG we bought a leatherman with engraving.

Ushers (8 and 13) we bought St Christophers (we're not religious but my hubby's a sailor and he doesn't go anywhere without his St Christopher).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now