Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

M&S taster wedding cakes

(7 Posts)
Chasingsquirrels Fri 25-Mar-16 20:30:09

We aare planning a very small wedding (9-12 people in total), registry office ceremony and meal in a local restaurant.
We weren't planning on a wedding cake, but I was just looking at the M&S ones and noticed the taster cakes and wondered about having 2 or 3.
I don't like fruit cake, so would probably have a sponge, fruit and chocolate or lemon sponge. Or maybe just sponge and fruit cake as most people would like it.
Has anyone had one of these taster cakes? Are they nice? The website says serves 4, is that a good size serving or a slither? Could we cut each cake into 9 so everyone got a taste of both or would that just be to small?
Thanks if you can help.

JOEYDOESNTSHAREFOOD Fri 25-Mar-16 20:32:55

I had an M&s wedding cake, was lovely. We had plain sponge, chocolate,the sponge and fruit, all were great. Assuming the tasters are mini versions of those, taste-wise, you'll be onto a winner. Can't help on the sizes, sorry!

FadedRed Fri 25-Mar-16 20:39:24

Congratulations on your wedding.
Cannot really help you on the size of the taster cakes, but we had M&S wedding cake and extre cutting bar and they both served good size portions, based on the number that the website stated they would do iyswim. We had the chocolate and the fruit and both were delicious. Why don't you buy one and see before the wedding? They only cost a few quid. If you didn't want a selection, then one of the cutting bars would be perfect for 12-14 people.

Chasingsquirrels Fri 25-Mar-16 20:40:26

Thanks! They look like mini versions, and "taster" certainly implies so.
Hopefully someone else will post about sizes - or maybe I'll order one for us to enjoy before then I'll be able to tell!

Chasingsquirrels Fri 25-Mar-16 20:41:46

X-posted. Thanks. I'd just noticed the cutting bars, they would be the perfect size for us.

Donthate Fri 25-Mar-16 20:46:00

I would get the small tier it says serves 8 to 10. You could put a flower/topper on. It's only around a tenner.

Loubylouchirino Sat 11-Jun-16 17:27:14

I got the taster cakes to try before deciding on our flavours and they are bigger than you'd expect. I cut each one into 8, which gave a normal sized (for the weddings I've been to anyway) slice, about an inch or so wide. If you have time, order one before hand just to make sure. We had chocolate, lemon, plain and fruit to try and split each one between me & DP, my parents and my three children. None of us were too keen on the lemon, but the other three were amazing.

These were our taster cakes (I made the little signs).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now