Talk

Advanced search

Wedding nails

(9 Posts)
Busybuzzybumblebee Sun 13-Mar-16 18:40:29

Hi, just getting opinions, I was thinking of getting my finger nails the same colour theme as wedding, so a darkish purple. My mum thinks it will look tacky and should have either French manicure or pale pink.

What do people think?

PeaceLoveAndJaffaCakes Sun 13-Mar-16 18:42:27

No one will even notice the colour of your nails, except you and your DP! Do whatever makes you happy

Busybuzzybumblebee Sun 13-Mar-16 18:43:57

Hmm, good point

Pinkheart5915 Sun 13-Mar-16 18:45:26

I just had a French manicure. But hey it's your wedding do what makes you happy

Busybuzzybumblebee Sun 13-Mar-16 18:59:47

I like both to be honest, so not worst thing going to have fm but thought be nice to match but not if looks tacky

Charliej86 Thu 17-Mar-16 13:43:37

I like these, but toned down. Think I'm actually going for something simpler with some theme coloured jewels. (Also purple)

charliedontsurf Thu 17-Mar-16 13:45:11

Mine were gel in a teal colour with a hot pink accent colour on my ring finger. Every time I see them in my photos I smile. Do what makes you happy!

AnneLovesGilbert Wed 23-Mar-16 14:51:50

Do exactly what makes you happy! Will you be able to have a trial beforehand to see if it turns out how you want it to? Try it with your dress and see how it feels?

I had a french manicure, it was boring. Nice but a bit dull and every time I see a bride with brightly coloured nails I wish I'd been a bit more adventurous.

People might not notice your nails per se but they might spend all day wanting to see your hand. Wedding rings are usually much less interesting than engagement rings but I remember spending a lot of time with my left hand out and there are a few photos of us holding hands, showing the rings etc.

Puffling1985 Mon 28-Mar-16 21:58:03

Our theme is red and ivory because I CBA and my dress is ivory and the roses red but I am doing my lips and nails in matching raspberry pink. I am having a very low-key wedding but I am having BRIGHT nails and a matching phone case

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now