Talk

Advanced search

Cheapest way to get married?

(6 Posts)
Greyhorses Mon 15-Feb-16 16:31:37

Does anyone know how much a standard registry office costs in total? Ie two us and nobody else blush

Can it just be booked/ arranged or can I just turn up and in what sort of time scale?

Thanks grin

Lj8893 Mon 15-Feb-16 16:38:05

Don't you still have to have two witnesses at a registry office wedding?

Not sure if prices sorry, think it differs on each office. I got married in a registry office but it was a big, amazing guildhall and was £500. Not a typical registry office wedding though.

Lj8893 Mon 15-Feb-16 16:38:56

Best to contact your local registry office and find out, pretty sure it has to be booked though as you will need to give notice of your marriage which needs to be done a certain time before the wedding.

99percentchocolate Mon 15-Feb-16 16:42:52

You'll still need to give notice and price will depend on the register office you choose. Normally about £35 per person for notice, plus £4 for certificates, and then hire of the room. You need to give 28 days notice before the ceremony and should need to attend an interview.
More info here

whatevva Mon 15-Feb-16 16:45:03

+ £46 to register the marriage

CMOTDibbler Mon 15-Feb-16 22:18:06

In some registry offices you can get married in the actual registrars office (rather than a fancy room) - in my area its £50 for that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now