Talk

Advanced search

Ethical weddings?

(5 Posts)
GailSouthworth Fri 17-Jul-15 18:27:01

I’m mid way through writing a book on ethical weddings. It's the book I wish I had when I was planning mine several years back - a collection of inspiring stories from those who had one.

From growing your own flowers and a train based honeymoon through to fair trade rings or a vintage dress. If your wedding was ethical, I'd like to hear from you.

You don't have to be an ethical expert, just someone who gave it a go and lived to tell the tale!

This is the book you wish you had when planning your own wedding and it will inspire brides and grooms-to-be with stories and top tips from those who've gone before them.

Relive the joy of your big day and share your wedding stories and experiences here. www.surveymonkey.com/s/KF3C398

ethicalwedding@outlook.com

BackforGood Fri 17-Jul-15 18:37:40

at what point does 'Not spending ridiculous amounts on one day because you are either sensible with money or simply lacking in money' become an 'ethical wedding' ?

GailSouthworth Fri 17-Jul-15 18:55:04

A frugal case study could work rather nicely. Making use of things you already own, renting rather than buying things, DIY crafting etc. Go for it!

Rollermum Fri 17-Jul-15 19:03:31

I didn't have an entirely ethically themed wedding, I just wanted ethical gold rings. Was hard to achieve - had to go through a friend who knew a small scale jeweller. The larger chains all looked at me as if I had two heads.

StrangeGlue Thu 23-Jul-15 20:14:58

Buy vintage rings if you want stones as you aren't putting money into modern blood diamonds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now