Talk

Advanced search

Weather forecast for wedding is crap...

(19 Posts)
Apathyisthenewblah Wed 24-Jun-15 08:04:11

I just cried over a weather forecast.
I get married next week and the weather has gone from warm and showery to cold and showery. I hate being cold. Our venue is definitely nicer in good weather.
I can't wait to just be married and on honeymoon!

Lj8893 Wed 24-Jun-15 08:32:19

I get married next week too and really don't want rain! The beauty of our venue is the outside waterside terrace where we are having a bbq confusedconfusedconfused

BaronessBomburst Wed 24-Jun-15 08:35:59

It could change again tomorrow! Don't panic yet. flowers

TheTravellingLemon Wed 24-Jun-15 08:42:18

It absolutely pissed down at my summer wedding. So much so that my mum refused to open the curtains all morning in case I had a meltdown grin.

We had to make a couple of adjustments, but I'm here to tell you that it makes no real difference to the day. Stress about the things you can control, let the other stuff go. My wedding day was amazing. Everyone had a fantastic time, in fact people still talk about it and I loved every second of it. Rain? Who cares? You'll love it regardless if you have the right attitude. Good luck and congratulations flowers

Apathyisthenewblah Wed 24-Jun-15 08:45:53

Thanks Lemon. I need to step away from the forecast!

Lj8893 Wed 24-Jun-15 08:48:10

I've just checked the forecast for me, it's not come up with Sat yet but Fri is sunny intervals so fingers crossed!

5madthings Wed 24-Jun-15 08:48:42

Feel your pain, the fore set for my wedding was pouring rain,this was on the Monday and we were to get married on the thursday, so I went to poundland and bought a bunch of brollies... We had sunshine all day for the wedding! I am convinced it is because I bought the brollies!

Have a fabulous day!

PrincessOfChina Wed 24-Jun-15 08:56:30

Oh it's such a shame. Just be prepared with brollies and things.

Although this is why I got married in November - I couldn't be disappointed by the weather then!

littleostrich Wed 24-Jun-15 09:03:40

It rained on my wedding day. In fact our wedding car had to pull over on the side of the road because the roof hadn't been properly fixed in, and there was water dripping onto my head!

But - and I say this with total honesty - I didn't care at all about the weather on the day. Your happiness and adrenaline will completely take over and can't be spoilt by a bit of bad weather, I promise.

My advice: Buy umbrellas for your bridal party (in colours that will match your colour scheme, if that's important to you) and then head outside for some photos. Our photographer took some great photos of us outside with our umbrellas - they're some of my favourites from the day! And if it's going to rain, you might as well make the most of it.

7to25 Wed 24-Jun-15 09:13:49

Put out the Child of Prague.....Pierce Brosnan did.

Archer26 Wed 24-Jun-15 09:18:00

I went to a wedding in April where it rained all day. However we didn't notice as we were having so much fun, and the photographer capitalised on it and was able to get some absolutely gorgeous photos of the couple with a very dramatic rain storm behind them. The bride now has that as her profile pic on FB as it is such an amazing photo.

Also pay no heed to weather forecasts. I got married April last year and all week it said it was going to rain and even in the day the local forecast said rain. Ended up with not a drop.

Apathyisthenewblah Wed 24-Jun-15 10:41:32

This was exactly the reassurance I needed thank god for mn!

FiveGoMadInDorset Wed 24-Jun-15 10:53:36

The weather was so bad on the day that we got married the marquee men had to come and check the marquee was still OK. We had a ball.

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Wed 24-Jun-15 10:58:30

Awful forecast for my wedding. Woke up at 6am and it was absolutely pouring down with rain, grey and cold (July!). By 1pm everything was dry, the sun was out and it was lovely and warm smile. We had one shower at about 7pm but apart from that it was great.
Fingers crossed!

Jackiebrambles Wed 24-Jun-15 11:02:26

It won't rain all day though, that's so unlikely, so chances are you will get some bright spells.

My friend got married last June, weather was dreadful at one point - think booming Thunder whilst we were in church and torrential rain as we left church - but as soon as we got to the reception venue the sun came out and we were outside drinking champers!

It will be fine, don't worry. You'll be so happy you won't mind smile

YAsoNBU Wed 24-Jun-15 11:05:37

It torrential poured down the day before our May wedding, and rained the day after. The day itself was forecast to be cool and overcast with a chance of showers. In the event the sun came out at lunchtime and it was beautiful and warm by the afternoon ceremony - couldn't have asked for better, especially as the ceremony was outside! We got a light shower at 11pm as we were clearing up the garden games. To be honest it is such a busy day you won't notice too much - but fingers crossed for you smile

Buttercup27 Wed 24-Jun-15 11:06:47

My mantra was plan for the worst and hope for the best. That way I couldn't be disappointed.
We had light showers on and off throughout the day but we're very lucky that every time we wanted to go out side for photos it cleared up and was sunny!

Apathyisthenewblah Wed 24-Jun-15 11:11:23

Our venue is beautiful for a sunny day but not that special if it rains - not cosy or quirky and I'm worried people won't be comfortable sad

Spickle Tue 07-Jul-15 09:36:41

I got married last Saturday 4th July and the weather was fantastic (London)! Did you also get married the same day Apathyisthenewblah? If so, I hope the weather was good in your part of the world.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now