Talk

Advanced search

Save the date

(5 Posts)
carabos Fri 22-May-15 22:35:52

Hello, glad I've found you lot smile.
DS1 is getting married next year and I've got tasks confused. First off, how much info needs to go on the save the date cards, and who do they go to? Is it one per household or is it to the specific people who will get the full invite later? For example, my sister has a boyfriend who may or may not be around in a year's time and she has a DS who will be around. How specific do we need to be at this stage?

I get that save the date cards aren't crucial, but as they've chosen August bank holiday weekend hmm I think in this case they're a good idea.

BackforGood Sat 23-May-15 15:48:29

I don't know what the "correct" answer is to this - we never had them in my day, but, I think if it were me I'd just tell them, in whatever way I normally communicate with people - phone, e-mail, PM on FB, when I saw them, etc.

Deflect any tricky questions like "Will bf be invited?" with a "I don't know yet - I guess they've got plenty of time to work out the details but obviously it's really important that his Aunty and cousin are there so he asked me to make sure you've got in in your diary". Smile. Change subject.

Paperblank Sun 24-May-15 09:51:28

I just sent one card per household addressed to who I wanted to attend so "Bob, Sue and kids" "Joe and Sarah" or in the case of my DCousin who changes his girlfriends every other week "Steve and current squeeze!"

Keep it simple just:

xx and xx are getting married on 1st April 2016. Please save the date. Invitation to follow.

If guests are travelling then you might want to stick in a list of places to stay but other than that you're done.

carabos Sun 24-May-15 10:37:28

I think that's along the lines we want paperblank. I'm going to put the location but not the venue so folks who have to travel know where they'll be going - it's unlikely to be a dealbreaker but you never know.

MissMooMoo Tue 23-Jun-15 11:47:57

ours had our names, wedding location and the date.
it also said formal invite to follow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now