Where are you getting wedng invites from?

(18 Posts)
CherryLips1980 Sun 22-Feb-15 21:27:55

Exactly that....

I've looked on NOTHS (£££) and Photobox...where else should I be looking?

Szeli Sun 22-Feb-15 23:50:59

Any arty friends? Even yourself if just text based.

Friend designed and printed ours, we cut them out, wrapped them in paper doilies and ribbon and used ebay for envelopes with heart embellishments from the works

Justabitoh Mon 23-Feb-15 18:59:02

We did ours on photoshop. I have basic knowledge, but looked things i didn't know up on youtube.

You can download free fonts from various websites and free graphics (like little floral logos) from pinterest. We bought lovely paper and envelopes from Paperchase for about £3 for a pack of 20.

Took about a day to design the invite and RSVP card, and half a day to print them, round the edges with a special cutter and address the envelopes. It was great! My dad's a graphic designer so was able to 'sign off' on the final design and it looks pretty special if i do say so myself!

If thats not your thing, paperchase had some lovely ready made ones.

ethelb Thu 26-Feb-15 17:36:13

We did ours in InDesign and then got them printed at printed.com. Envelopes were only an extra 5p for each invite if I recall correctly.

I did buy some vector art off shutterstock, but hand drawn would have been lovely.

SantasFavouriteHo Thu 26-Feb-15 17:42:15

I got ours in The Works, they were in the sale reduced to £10 for a box of 30 and included invites, save the dates and thank you nots (plus envelopes, guest list sheet and stickers to seal the envelopes)
Anyway took them to the till and they'd been reduced to £2 a box! So bought the last two boxes, £4 for my invites, in exactly the right colour too!
Took them to a local printer to print them up, cost £37 for that, so just over £40 overall (and then stamps)

DuchessDisaster Sun 08-Mar-15 08:00:54

I did ours myself (back in 2000). Got the cards and envelopes from a local stationer and we had a very good laser printer at the time. Set up the text in CorelDraw and that was it.
Also did the orders of service and the menu cards.

BikeRunSki Sun 08-Mar-15 08:08:29

Local printer. About £20 for 50 invitations 15 years ago.

CandyClouds81 Tue 28-Apr-15 17:22:34

Amazon. I think a pack of 50 was about £25 and they look nice

jas1978 Tue 12-May-15 15:46:00

We saved on our invites and made our own wedding website. Its a bit more personal than an email and the one we chose was easy to use and works with google maps, so everyone can see exactly where the venue is, so they won't get lost! There are a few online but the best British one is definitely www.weddinghand.co.uk No more sticking and pasting, and we saved a fortune on stamps ;)

Skeppers Tue 12-May-15 15:49:40

We got ours from Etsy! Found a lady in the US who made them for us and did a cracking job. Was cheaper ordering them from the States than getting them made in the UK! The invitations worked out at about £1.50 each, but that included all personalisation, little RSVP envelopes, custom mailing envelopes and embossing, etc. Had loads of positive comments about them! Shop around on Etsy, you can probably get them even cheaper.

TickedyTock Tue 12-May-15 15:56:50

I did mine via bride&groom direct, would only pay the sale prices though and did it through top cash back so got 6quid back!

youmakemydreams Tue 12-May-15 15:58:38

I ended up against my better judgement making ours. They are very simple design and got the blanks from hobbycraft and printed inserts myself.
my friend and I made hers 4 years ago too. Was actually not as bad as I thought and loads of great ideas on Pinterest.

CuppaTeaAndAJammieDodger Tue 12-May-15 16:06:31

Vistaprint - they have tonnes of different designs and you can personalise a lot of them.

ftmsoon Fri 15-May-15 22:52:36

We made ours. Photo on front of bought blank cards and print of words inside, done on Word. Meant that when I miscounted , we could just run a couple more off too!!

DreamingOfTheBeach Sat 30-May-15 07:30:38

We skipped invites and just sent emails, but be warned, this was hugely frowned upon by some family members!
Weddings can end up costing a rediculous amount of money, and all the little extras which are deemed 'compulsory' only add to that.

DefinitelyMaybeBaby Sat 30-May-15 07:35:26

I second vista print - we got loads of compliments on ours, they were personalised with our photo and they were 45p each!

Pixa Sat 30-May-15 07:35:46

Vistaprint for our evening invites. Simple, cheap, great quality paper, lots of choice!

TheBobbinIsWound Mon 08-Jun-15 11:03:41

Another vote for making your own.

We designed them in Photoshop and printed them onto gorgeous card from paperchase. We got exactly what we wanted and paid about £12 for the card!!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now