Talk

Advanced search

let's talk flowers... Marks and Spencer package.

(7 Posts)
smithneejones Sun 01-Feb-15 19:28:17

So...

Have decided to consider fresh flowers. Marks do a package. Has anyone had these? What's the verdict.

Also has anyone just bought an ordinary bouquet and used that?

I don't really know much about flowers as you can tell...

SantasFavouriteHo Sun 01-Feb-15 19:29:31

Am also considering this! Was thinking of maybe just picking up a bouquet somewhere the day before but don't know if that would work??

TheColdDoesBotherMeAnyway Sun 01-Feb-15 19:32:38

I wouldn't.

They couldn't even get Mother's Day right (they failed to actually deliver on the correct day and when they did the flowers looked nothing like the picture), there's no way I'd trust them with wedding flowers! A local florist did mine and they were beautiful smile

PainSnail Sun 01-Feb-15 19:45:05

Please don't spend money on mail order, mass produced bouquets when your local florist can do you the same thing for the same money! Things like this are the reason small businesses close so very frequently...

chestnut100 Sun 01-Feb-15 19:49:56

I agree about supporting local florists, however if you are on a budget, I would for sure do your own! A million miles cheaper. Select flowers you like from a supermarket (the number of days before your wedding will depend on the type of flower, eg if you need them to open etc). There are a million you tube links to show you how to condition them overnight to last, then watch a clip on how to spiral your stems to make a posy shape. So easy. Ridiculously easy! Buy a couple of reduced bunches in the run up to practice. Finish with a lovely ribbon/lace. Button holes are even simpler. This would constitute a potentially huge saving. I don't advice much DIY for weddings as the finish is often poor, however this is one thing that can be done really well, easily

smithneejones Sun 01-Feb-15 19:54:56

Thanks Chestnut!

The local florist can't do mine as already booked

chestnut100 Sun 01-Feb-15 21:09:00

No problem grin i have a bit of experience in this, so if you need any tips drop me a pm. Confidence is key to avoid making it a stressful experience, so practice with cheapies!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: