Advanced search

Decorating the party tables myself.

(12 Posts)
FreakinScaryCaaw Fri 09-Jan-15 23:12:15

Dp and I are having a wedding celebration when we get back from honeymoon. We're having meal after the wedding but it's just a small do (15) the party will be more like 60.

I've decided to decorate the tables myself. I'm fairly creative so it should be ok?

I'm thinking of a runner -either a nice green or silver- and some small pots with flowers plus tealight holders. I'll decorate the tealight holders or buy nice ones.

Any ideas welcome.

Is anyone else doing this?

Am thinking of making or buying some bunting and having some fairy lights too? The landlady of the pub where the party is said they'll put them up for me.

AntiHop Fri 09-Jan-15 23:14:34

Sounds similar to the table decorations we made for our wedding. Allow plenty of time, these things take longer than you think to make.

wobblebobblehat Fri 09-Jan-15 23:19:03

When are you getting married?

avocadotoast Fri 09-Jan-15 23:20:41

Yup, totally doable. We did the tables at our wedding and it was fine. If there's a Country Baskets near you (I think they have them around the country) it's worth joining as a member to get stuff from there, they've loads.

The only thing to consider (which we didn't) is what you'll do with all the stuff afterwards! We palmed off a few centrepieces but we still have about 4 kicking around...

CLJ52 Fri 09-Jan-15 23:23:17

I did mine. I got some £1 jars and had some with candles and some with battery powered fairy lights.

kaykayred Sat 10-Jan-15 10:22:33

Yeah, it should be fine, provided you allow at least twice as much time as you think you will need.

As someone else pointed out, be warned that you will be stuck with whatever you buy, so try to go for things that you can throw away, recycle, or would be useful to keep.

FreakinScaryCaaw Sat 10-Jan-15 22:14:00

Getting married mid June.

Funny I was thinking what to do with them last night. But I know where to put them now.

FreakinScaryCaaw Sat 10-Jan-15 22:14:56

I was thinking battery powered fairy lights too CLJ52.

LadyFlumpalot Thu 22-Jan-15 09:13:10

I'm doing my own. I've bought a shed load of waterproof battery tealights from Amazon, a load of those waterbeads for plant arrangements and have been saving the babies baby food jars and various jam/honey/nutella jars over the last year. I plan to bung a tealight, some waterbeads and a few flowers in each jar then have three or four per table will possibly look shite

FreakinScaryCaaw Tue 27-Jan-15 22:52:55

Sounds like a good idea LF.

FreakinScaryCaaw Tue 03-Feb-15 12:17:19

Well I'm making progress.

Bunting arrived and it's gorgeous. 80ft of it in total. Cost £25 inc delivery.

I got some votive tea light holders on the Wedding Mall website, they're beautiful. cost £23 inc delivery for 20. I'm going to get 20 more though as you can't have too many.

I just bought 12 packs of white fairy lights (20 on each) from the pound shop, so £12.

I ordered a 50m roll of cream paper runner from Amazon, £15 inc delivery. If it isn't nice it's not a great loss of cash. I can always go back to my plan of making some.

So it's not costing me too much in cash or time to decorate. The venue said they'll put the lights and bunting up for us but I'll probably help. We have the venue for the full day and party isn't until the evening.

FreakinScaryCaaw Tue 03-Feb-15 12:18:21

I've bought a few small flowery vases from charity shops, too. I need a good few more but may be able to borrow some?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now