Advanced search

wedding blessing

(6 Posts)
Szeli Fri 09-Jan-15 08:44:12

despite not being engaged dp and i have decided to get married in april.

we have gone against a wedding just wishing to be married although we may do a lunch with family after and meet others in the pub.

thing is i am quite religious; on the church council, run sunday school etc, so want the marriage blessed just in the normal sunday service. problem is the sunday following is easter sunday - is this likely to throw up any issues? also how much does this cost? is a donation like a christening or a fee like a wedding?

i've tried googling but not got far, although i will see the vicar sunday.

any clues?

TipTapWentTheCrab Fri 09-Jan-15 22:44:47

Ooh, congratulations!

What denomination is your church? If it is Church of England then they have an official wedding website at which will answer some of your questions.

"we have gone against a wedding just wishing to be married": I'm not quite following you, I'm afraid, as I would understand those two things to mean the same. Do you mean that you aren't going to get legally married, or that you will do that but don't want a big party?

The Sunday before Easter is Palm Sunday so if your church is into marking that sort of thing then it will be a busy service and it's unlikely to be a convenient time to do your thing as well.

Szeli Fri 09-Jan-15 23:02:57

as in there's going to be no focus on a party. just show up and sign the papers at the reg office so we can be married with the fuss of a traditional wedding.

there's no official guideance for blessing fees etc on the CofE website fingers crossed for easter sunday. we offer baptisms on a few of the 'big' days for sure and a blessing takes much less time so here's hoping!

Szeli Fri 09-Jan-15 23:03:46

*without the fuss

Szeli Sun 11-Jan-15 17:00:38

whoop booked easter day for free grin

TipTapWentTheCrab Mon 12-Jan-15 20:22:05

Great! Hope it goes really well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now