Talk

Advanced search

I wanna be a bridesmaid....

(4 Posts)
AngieBolen Fri 26-Dec-14 18:43:30

Not really, but I would like an invitation to the wedding.

Long story....my best friend from school was my maid of honour....I was going to be one of her bridesmaids, alonghmm with a mutual friend, but then she cancelled the wedding.

Now 12 or so years later she has announced her engagement to her new partner. I am over the moon for them, and have texted congratulations.

The thing is I really, really want to be part if their wedding. So much so I have cried at the thought I won't be invited (please feel free to slap me). The thing is we are not close as we once were. I have 3 DC and she doesn't really "do" DC or pets, and her life is very much work and drinking and holidays, so we only meet up about twice a year these days, if that.

I think we still mean a lot to each other, though. I think... So now I'm crying again at the thought of not being invited or able to attend her wedding.

DH has told me to pick OP the phone and talk to her, but I can't yet as I keep getting upset, and this friend never gets upset...ever, ever. She'll think I'm being ridiculous and weird and needy.

MimiSunshine Sat 27-Dec-14 20:31:35

Why not text and ask her if she'd like to get together with some wine and bridal magazines to talk plans and ideas. Tell her very excited for her and if she needs anything you'd love to help.

Sounds like her friendship means a lot you but life stages have pushed you apart a bit. If her closer friends are at a similar life stage she may really appreciate you having been there and done that so to speak who will get involved

AngieBolen Sat 27-Dec-14 20:48:32

Nothing would bore my friend more than bridal magazines lol!
I will text and offer help though ....good ideasmile

Or would that look a bit desperate?

I'm imagining this will be a very low key wedding. I'd put money on the bride wearing trousers and there being no flowers. smile But I'd really like an invitation!

MimiSunshine Sat 27-Dec-14 20:55:24

Not at all, don't overthink it. Just send the wine and catch up text a and see what she says.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now