Talk

Advanced search

Shoe crisis - what about these?

(9 Posts)
jemster123 Thu 13-Nov-14 08:14:44

I'm getting married next February. I'm wearing a 'typical' wedding dress, long and ivory etc. and the wedding theme is red and pale blue. The wedding dress was the first one I've ever tried on in my life and I bought it straight away! The shoes, however, are a different story...

I decided to only buy shoes that I could dye red to match my bouquet. I must have looked at every single dyeable (companies like Pink Paradox, The Rainbow Club, Touch Up's etc.) satin on the planet but for one reason or another I haven't found anything I'm happy with. I've even gotten to the point I'm looking at them and thinking 'I don't know if I actually even LIKE any of them'.

Plus the fact, yesterday I learnt that these dyeable shoes will run wet conditions and as the wedding is in February there's a good chance it will be wet if only on the grass. There is a company called Baboucha who use an oil based dye which doesn't run but not sure how much they charge, am waiting for a answer.I am a bit quirky so the shoes will be most like be better for me if they're a bit of a contradiction to the dress.

The wedding isn't vintage as such but a bit I do want a bit of retro suggestion and have been looking at red patent peep toes, T bars, Mary Janes' etc. I've found a few pairs that do appeal to me and would like to know what you think...would these strike a happy note for the day or do they look a bit tacky? Which do you like best? Honest opinions AND any suggestions much appreciated!

bonzo77 Thu 13-Nov-14 08:18:47

Love em. The special wedding shoes thing is a scam. Get shoes you love and will wear again.

Flatsfromnowon Thu 20-Nov-14 20:14:54

I love them! Where are they from??

Shenanagins Thu 20-Nov-14 20:17:54

Fabby! I'm doing something similar but planning on blue ones!

eurochick Thu 20-Nov-14 20:19:02

My favourites are the ones with the white t bar. Gorgeous.

MrsEames Thu 20-Nov-14 20:21:05

LOVE the red and white ones!

anotherdayanothersquabble Thu 20-Nov-14 20:22:42

The white t-bar are fab!

ftmsoon Fri 21-Nov-14 15:38:18

Buy whatever shoes you love and will wear again. I agree that wedding shoes are a rip off.

FaithLoveandGrace Fri 21-Nov-14 21:07:11

All three of those are awesome smile I don't buy into the whole traditional wedding side of things in terms of shoes etc. as long as you're happy then who cares whether they're traditional wedding shoes!

If I had to pick one of the three id say the ones with the white on smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now