Talk

Advanced search

Wedding with children - no accom

(4 Posts)
maggiethemagpie Tue 11-Nov-14 18:42:55

We're getting married and have found somewhere, there is no accom, but there are lots of hotels nearby as it is right near Manchester airport. Still a few miles away though.

Lots of DPs cousins are coming, from down south, and have little kids. Will it be a problem if they all leave early to get the kids to bed. Should I care? I was thinking we could start the wedding a bit earlier, eg get married at 12 then it's not such a short time until kiddies bedtime.

We have kids of their own, they will be 3 and 5 by the time of the wedding but we were thinking of getting a babysitter to take them home, and then get grandparents to stay over at our house whilst we go to a luxury hotel for the night.

I really like this venue we've chosen, but we haven't confirmed yet and I am just wondering if a hotel would be better.

LostMySocks Fri 14-Nov-14 23:35:40

All the family children at my wedding ended up staying til late and snoozing in arms or pushchairs. I've since been to weddings with my baby. Bribe him with a breadsticks in ceremony then I pop him into his PJs at 'bedtime' find a quiet corner to feed him then he gets cuddles til he sleeps and then the buggy. Weddings are special so you don't worry about the routine. Unless of course you want the kids to be taken away

creative01 Thu 18-Dec-14 14:15:06

Hi ladies,

hope you don't mind me posting am setting up a wedding creche company and wondered how useful you would find this at your up coming wedding? Have you been to weddings with a Creche there, was it useful/ children enjoy? How many children on average did you have/having at your wedding if any? Any activities that you have seen that were very good?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

creative01 Thu 18-Dec-14 14:17:47

Sorry ladies, have posted in wrong section. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now