Talk

Advanced search

Wedding venues in Cheshire/Gtr Manchester

(13 Posts)
maggiethemagpie Sat 18-Oct-14 13:11:18

Can anyone recommend some venues either from your own wedding or one you've been to? I don't really know where to start looking! Thinking posh hotel, do everything at hotel ie ceremony/reception and will have lots of guests from afar so they will need somewhere to stay. Don't want to feel like I'm on a conveyor belt on my wedding day so perhaps nowhere too big with lots of other weddings. Somewhere with excellent service and the personal touch! Thanks

Mini05 Sat 18-Oct-14 14:11:24

The mere golf club knutsford Cheshire
Shrigley hall Potts Shrigley
Mottram hall Mottram St Andrew
The Deanwater hotel Stockport
Stanneylands Hotel Wilmslow

chickensaresafehere Sat 18-Oct-14 14:46:58

Rookery Hall near Nantwich,Cheshire.

Szeli Sat 18-Oct-14 23:14:08

gorton monestary is beautiful as is stockport plaza but both lacking accomodation, the wedding planner vicky at the plaza is fab too.

ceeveebee Sat 18-Oct-14 23:24:03

Agree with all of mini05 suggestions, have been to weddings at all of those places.
We got married at mere and they were excellent, highly recommend them

chocoshopoholic Mon 20-Oct-14 17:08:23

Also been to a lovely one at Etrop Grange by the airport and second Shrigley and Mottram Halls

rallytog1 Mon 20-Oct-14 21:45:09

Abbey Wood near Delamere.

MimiSunshine Thu 23-Oct-14 18:43:30

The Belle Époque in Knutsford. Beautiful place, easy to get to off the motorways

maggiethemagpie Sun 02-Nov-14 09:28:34

Many thanks will check them out

NoBloodyMore Sat 08-Nov-14 12:13:23

We're getting married at Peruga in Marple Bridge next year, it's beautiful but lacking accommodation. I second gorton Monastery, absolutely stunning venue.

Madcatgirl Sat 08-Nov-14 12:14:08

Nunsmere hotel is beautiful too.

maggiethemagpie Tue 11-Nov-14 18:38:43

Think we are going to go for Quarry Bank Mill. It's a beautiful location and the staff were lovely. I can't be bothered to look for any more now I've found one I like, DP is being lazy about it and I've done all the work so far.

FrancesNiadova Sat 29-Nov-14 19:43:59

Crewe Hall! I went to a wedding there 5 years ago & it was lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now