Talk

Advanced search

how much cash as a gift?

(5 Posts)
milkpudding Fri 10-Oct-14 07:52:34

How much cash is typical to give as a wedding gift? We have received a (rhyming) request for a cash gift and I have no idea what people usually give. I am a bridesmaid and DH has never met the couple, if that affects the usual gift.

Thanks.

Allyballybeeeee Fri 10-Oct-14 07:55:43

I give £100 to family. We are going to the wedding of a colleague of DH & have given £50.

bluetrain Fri 10-Oct-14 08:00:20

as a bridesmaid I would assume you're close to the bride/couple.

It absolutely depends of your circumstances, we received cash gifts between £30-400 from our close friends and family.

I think £50 and a nice personalised something would be appropriate although the mention of a cash gift would make me want to give them a toaster.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Fri 10-Oct-14 08:04:02

I give a set amount (immediate family excepting) of £50 for an all day invite and £25 for an evening invite.

If I were the BM, I would give the same but would have contributed in someway to something else along the way (done party bags for the Hen night, prepped games for hen night) or get something for the Bride on top - maybe something for her honeymoon (a pair of sunglasses she wanted eg).

TheWeddingGiftShop Tue 10-Feb-15 14:35:30

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: