Talk

Advanced search

Hen Do Abroad - ideas please?

(13 Posts)
Cheffie100 Sat 04-Oct-14 02:05:35

I am arranging my friends Hen Do for next June and she would like to go abroad. Does anyone have any ideas for somewhere in Europe - not too chivvy, somewhere we can have one decent night out, maybe a bit of culture and could do activities such as cocktail making? Would so appreciate any ideas you may have c

Cheffie100 Sat 04-Oct-14 02:06:05

*chavvy

joanofarchitrave Sat 04-Oct-14 02:32:12

What sort of budget are you thinking about? Do you want seriously hot or not too roasting?

I would have thought for activities like that you might need a bigger city, for example. The super-cheap flights are hard to find these days, hence the question re budgets.

Barcelona immediately springs to mind because it's so beautiful, lots to do and felt pretty relaxed to me. I have a personal love for Gothenburg which is remarkably close (90 minute flight), beautiful beyond compare with plenty to make a great weekend (go to the islands using your normal bus ticket, go to Liseburg amusement park) especially in June (go for Midsomar?) but will be ++ expensive.

Cheffie100 Sat 04-Oct-14 21:58:37

Thanks so much for this. I would be looking for £100 Accomodation and £100 for flights x

joanofarchitrave Sat 04-Oct-14 22:08:51

Hm, what about Copenhagen? I'm only saying that because I want to visit grin but I've always understood that Danes love to party so I'm sure you could sort out a cocktail lesson or similar activity. Stansted to Copenhagen you can do for under £100 with Easyjet. Somewhere like this to stay maybe? Or is that a bit rustic? depends how many of you there are.

joanofarchitrave Sat 04-Oct-14 22:14:23

I think the flight cost will limit you a bit. Do consider just going to a big UK city and having a good time with more money.

joanofarchitrave Sat 04-Oct-14 22:16:57

Somewhere like this in Glasgow for two nights?

Cheffie100 Sun 05-Oct-14 22:29:47

Now Copenhagen is a great idea. Thank you so much x

SwedishEdith Sun 05-Oct-14 22:34:56

Where are you flying from? Can all of the hen party comfortably afford this?

Cric Mon 13-Oct-14 22:10:10

Budapest or Berlin..... Great party cities and loads of culture!

Szeli Mon 20-Oct-14 12:05:01

i loved riga and my flights were £10 return on a ryanair sale

SinglePringle Mon 20-Oct-14 12:07:46

Copenhagen is very expensive whilst you are there. Not budget friendly.

ScarlettInSpace Sat 08-Nov-14 17:55:55

Does it need to be a city break?

I just booked all inclusive for 3 night's (Fri-Mon) in Majorca next May for mine on low cost holidays £195 for flights & AI hotel, it's in alcudia so not even a chavvy shagaluf resort grin

800m from the beach and I'm planning to take extra spends for paragliding over the sea as I've always wanted to try it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now