Talk

Advanced search

DJ's - suggestions and price

(7 Posts)
Gingerandproud Sat 25-May-13 20:44:12

Does anyone have any recommendations for DJ's in or around Hampshire (new forest way)?

How much have people paid for theirs as have had one quote back so far (for £700) and wondered how this compared?

Thanks!

FringeEvent Sat 25-May-13 20:51:44

That seems expensive, how many hours is that for?

We had ours from 7pm til midnight, and paid £380.00.

Shame you're not near me as I'd have gladly recommended our DJ, he was fab, but I don't think he works outside of Sussex.

Gingerandproud Sat 25-May-13 20:59:24

hi! timings same as yours. I thought it was pricey!

PaperPomPom Sat 25-May-13 22:52:43

No recommendations, but that sounds like an awful lot - we are having a band rather than a DJ, but they are doing their sets with a laptop DJ as well for £815, and that's 7:30 til midnight. Unless you're hiring an amazing pro-DJ rather than a party DJ that sounds like way too much!

BucketsnSpades Sun 26-May-13 07:52:41

We're paying about 200 for ours, also new forest. I won't know if he's any good until after the event in nine weeks time. If I were in your shoes i,'d be off to all the wedding fairs getting quotes, and try to tie each DJ down to a rough figure before you mention your venue specifically. Do you have a copy of 'something borrowed' magazine, it's basically a free directory of local wedding suppliers and has contact details for lots of DJs. You can pick it up at wedding fairs.

CaptainJamesTKirk Sun 26-May-13 07:58:07

Our was west sussex, he was 7-12 and cost £380.

Gingerandproud Sun 26-May-13 09:50:36

Buckets- I have been to a few wedding fayres no idea why I didn't think of digging out the details I'd kept! I haven't got a copy of the directory you mentioned but will see if I can find it .

£200 not bad at all! We don't want anything elaborate, just someone who will get people dancing without idle chatting! Would you pm me the name of yours? So can look at website.

Thank you to everyone for saying what the paid. Def not going with £700!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now